Need a Biltong Recipe!

Deago999

Greeting all! (Im New here, have always come across MyBroadband, but never really had the chance to utilise it)

Anyway!

My Dad was said to be a great Biltong Maker, (Didnt know him so this is off storys off other people), but Im sick of paying R350 per KG for biltong! Its said to be easy to make, and Id rather make my own!
But i fall at a disadvantage, because I dont have a recipe, now a lot of you may say: Google for one!

I have and I have to say, Im quite disappointed, they all use worcestershire sauce which (by the comments by us RSA folk) is said to ruin the taste. So...

Im on a mission to find a TRADITIONAL Biltong recipe I can use (I know the adventure of making biltong is to formulate a recipe and make it you own etc) but I havent a clue where to start!
Im looking for a recipe that has been tried and tested and had its humble beginnings starting out life at Oupa Piet's farm when he used to make it to get by, and has only been in refinement since then.

Now I ALSO know that when you have a good biltong recipe, you hold it dear and keep it amongs family!
So im looking for someone who will share their recipe with me or at least provide a basic recipe (ingredients and meat kind etc) (tried and tested peferably) for good tasting traditional biltong.

I live in Cape Town so Humidity will always be an issue, but Im on a mission!

So help would be much appriciated!

Deago999

Electric

Honorary Master
Kill buck with high powered, scoped rifle.
Hang spoils of the hunt till dry.
Devour dry flesh while staring at the mounted buck head.

$$$$$$

Deago999

Kill buck with high powered, scoped rifle.
Hang spoils of the hunt till dry.
Devour dry flesh while staring at the mounted buck head.

$$$$$$
As attractive as that may sound! Ill stick to beef for now, im still 1 recipe short to make biltong XD

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I'll be honest, we've made about 4 batches so far and they turned out great. All we do is sock the meat in a bath of 50/50 Balsamic and Wooster ( change to taste ) for an hour each side. Then we sprinkle a bit of Crown Nationals Biltong spice on either side and hang. If I'm doing dry wors, no spice, just soak and hang.