Need help deciding what antenna to buy

Pietsetiet

I have a Huawei E5573 router and after moving my router to my room I am not getting the same internet speed that I had when it was in the living room. I am useless with these type of stuff and struggling to find indoor antennas for the router that will work. Any help would be appreciated even previous experiences with indoor antennas.

Just to clarify I want to improve my speeds between the tower and router.

Peon

Expert Member
Which network provider are you subscribed to? MTN? Vodacom? Telkom?

Pietsetiet

To add my internet connection is also very unstable. Jumping from 300kbs to 50kbs even sometimes 5kbs for some reason. I feel the antenna should work but still can't seem to find the correct one

Peon

Expert Member
The best thing to do would be to install an external antenna. And yes your little E5573 can take an antenna. It had the 2 little TS9 connector ports.

Do you stay in a rural or urban area?

Pietsetiet

The best thing to do would be to install an external antenna. And yes your little E5573 can take an antenna. It had the 2 little TS9 connector ports.

Do you stay in a rural or urban area?
I would say urban area. I live in Uitenhage, Eastern cape

Peon

Expert Member
I would purchase a XPOL6 antenna and 2 TS9 connectors. Install the antenna outside and connect it to your E5573.

The antenna has 10m so it would help if you move the E5573 around the house. Alot less frustration with speed issues. I took a client on Vodacom from 4Mbps to 55Mbps with a Poynting antenna.

Pietsetiet

I would purchase a XPOL6 antenna and 2 TS9 connectors. Install the antenna outside and connect it to your E5573.

The antenna has 10m so it would help if you move the E5573 around the house. Alot less frustration with speed issues. I took a client on Vodacom from 4Mbps to 55Mbps with a Poynting antenna.
One more question if you don't mind. Would an antenna for another version huawei router work for example B315 or B525?

Peon

Expert Member
One more question if you don't mind. Would an antenna for another version huawei router work for example B315 or B525?
Yes, then you wont need the TS9 connectors. It will connect directly and then you wont have any loss on the cable due to connecting the TS9 connectors. The B315 is an excellent router. Once antenna installed and set, remember to login to the B315's web interface and down at the bottom under System, set your antenna to External. Reboot Router afterwards for good measure.