(Need help improving SNR and speeds) Can somebody help me locate the tower I'm connected to?

The cell ID is: 77759489

Also on a side note, my signal is excellent (90-85dBm), but my SNR is rather poor (6-8), which as far as I know indicates a lot of noise or interference. Is this correct? Any way I can Improve it?

At some point last year I managed to pull a full 100Mbs on my B315 on rain so I know I can do alot better than my 30mbs now.

Thank you.

cavedog

Honorary Master
You should try changing bands. A SINR of 6-8 is not poor. I would say it's poor when it goes to 0 or below.

Try changing the router position and compare stats and speed. Also try changing bands from band 3 to band 38/41

You should try changing bands. A SINR of 6-8 is not poor. I would say it's poor when it goes to 0 or below.

Try changing the router position and compare stats and speed. Also try changing bands from band 3 to band 38/41
I've tried changing the band to 2600mhz using the band tools, but it results in having no reception. Not sure if Durban has 2600 MHz coverage.

cavedog

Honorary Master

dotcat

Sherwood/Sydenham

LTE Discovery doesn't locate anything
Coverage map is too dense to triangulate the tower. This can work - Put sim in your phone - go outside - hold phone to each wall of your house. Watch signal strength meter in app. Your should see a definite improvement in signal if you hold it to the wall facing the tower. This can work to give you the general direction of the tower. Use binoculars or take a drive to confirm with your phone. If you are directly in front of the tower the stats will be RSRP -60 to -50 or better.