Need to buy 100 phones: best phone for less than R600

jamjamdave

Hi all

I'm helping kids at our local deep rural school get some sort of education during lockdown. We want to deliver lessons via WhatsApp videos and Voicenotes.

We need to by 100 phones and have a tiny budget. Any recommendations on the best option for less than R600? We've used Kicka 4's in the past but they're not great. Any better suggestions?

thanks!

obsidian86

jamjamdave

Hisense T5 are 599 at game

Unfortunately it seems to be out of stock at all stores within 200km of us (Mthatha). And can't be ordered online. A very good deal though!

Jake45

Expert Member
Have you tried to contact Game directly to ask them. 100 units is a large order so I'm sure they will do their best to help.

You could also contact some of the large importers like Mia Africa, Mobicel, Samsung, Huawei, Hisense, Vodacom, MTN, Takealot, Loot etc. They might have some old stock that they might be willing to let go cheaply. Vodacom also has a 7" 3G tablet that usually sells in single quantities for around R800.

Cheap tablet ...

Last edited:

Cruelty

Seems a forum member works for Hisense. Get in touch and see if Hisense would like to play good Samaritan.

jamjamdave

Seems a forum member works for Hisense. Get in touch and see if Hisense would like to play good Samaritan.

Thanks - I've messaged him
:)