Neighbour intentionally destroying pavement

Mylky

So basically because you would do something different while likely having no clue about what being in the situation actually feels like, his motives are suspect. Seems legit :unsure:o_O
How about we turn this around, why are you trying so hard to discredit phaktza? Why are you trying to redirect our attention to what the victim is doing? Are you a friend or relative of the most amazing doctor that shouldn't lose his licence? Hmmm, very "suspicious" :rolleyes:
That's a fair question. My answer is no, I have no relation or relationship with the pavement pounder. (See how easy a yes or no question is to answer when you have nothing to hide?)

Furthermore, I don't even know who OP is, I've been on this forum for years and have never interacted directly with him. Feel free to check my post history. I don't do drama, I don't troll. I also refer you to my previous posts in THIS THREAD where I said the doc is an a s s and deserves to have the book thrown at him if the allegations are true. Never defended him, but I see now that being a voice of reason is interpreted as being a supporter of an arse. My bad.

I sincerely hope OP gets what he really wants out of this.

Grant

Honorary Master
some of the comments in this thread are quite something to behold.

i also had my doubts about the entire saga, until i watched the video.
laying criminal charges against a neighbor is not really a good idea. it may well deal with the issue at hand, but will no doubt trigger a different sequence of events.

as to this doctor, seeing how he conducts himself in public and in broad daylight, is breathtaking.
i would place money on him being one of those "god complex" individuals, and given his public behavior i shudder to think what may take place hidden from view whilst enjoying doctor type privileges in terms of accountability.
he is probably one of the bad apples who will make the news for all the wrong reasons sometime in the foreseeable future.

op has to find a creative non-confrontational solution to this problem.
i believe large pot plants would be the way to go.

Cius

Executive Member
some of the comments in this thread are quite something to behold.

i also had my doubts about the entire saga, until i watched the video.
laying criminal charges against a neighbor is not really a good idea. it may well deal with the issue at hand, but will no doubt trigger a different sequence of events.

as to this doctor, seeing how he conducts himself in public and in broad daylight, is breathtaking.
i would place money on him being one of those "god complex" individuals, and given his public behavior i shudder to think what may take place hidden from view whilst enjoying doctor type privileges in terms of accountability.
he is probably one of the bad apples who will make the news for all the wrong reasons sometime in the foreseeable future.

op has to find a creative non-confrontational solution to this problem.
i believe large pot plants would be the way to go.
Plants won't work. He already physically removed a fence from another neighbor. You escalate, he will try outdo you. I think he is looking for the response. I wonder if ignoring him completely would not get him to shift focus to other people faster? Of course that would make it feel to him like he won and not solve the problem long term. Someone needs to stop antisocial behaviour like this and teach the guy actions have consequences. A courageous approach to actually take him to the courts and do this the right way OP. Good luck but be safe. He has already shown his absolute disdain for obeying the law. He might escalate into worse areas.

Craig

Honorary Master
Plants won't work. He already physically removed a fence from another neighbor. You escalate, he will try outdo you. I think he is looking for the response. I wonder if ignoring him completely would not get him to shift focus to other people faster? Of course that would make it feel to him like he won and not solve the problem long term. Someone needs to stop antisocial behaviour like this and teach the guy actions have consequences. A courageous approach to actually take him to the courts and do this the right way OP. Good luck but be safe. He has already shown his absolute disdain for obeying the law. He might escalate into worse areas.
A baseball bat to the face would be one of the few things that would prevent further escalation. Just the pesky little issue about assault charges.

Grant

Honorary Master
one could always dig a deep hole - one the size that would comfortably accommodate the size of a wheel of his car (in preparation of a plant), then watch him drive into it at speed

airborne

Honorary Master
Had a look at the video

Think he can do better.
Easy fix is just find some rocks from a koppie somewhere, space them a meter or 2 apart, he'll get a pretty solid surprise the next time he trys to ride the pavement and if you choose the rocks selectively they'll not look too bad.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Easy fix is just find some rocks from a koppie somewhere, space them a meter or 2 apart, he'll get a pretty solid surprise the next time he trys to ride the pavement and if you choose the rocks selectively they'll not look too bad.
Or, dig a lekker moerse hole and cover it in leaves

airborne

Honorary Master
Or, dig a lekker moerse hole and cover it in leaves
That's a good one, make it half way down from where he normally rides up the pavement so he's well at speed, make it deep enough that he nearly rips his sump off when he hits it.

Matt91

That's a good one, make it half way down from where he normally rides up the pavement so he's well at speed, make it deep enough that he nearly rips his sump off when he hits it.
A massive hole with nails propped up so it shreds his tyres too. :thumbsup:

Corelli

Expert Member
1st thing. Dont poison or damage his vehicle or dogs. Thats a criminal offence. Even saying well its because of bad neighbour you will be held criminal. You can place rocks or bollards or even plant a tree. He will be held liable of he damages it.

Then you are allowed to run a home business. But there are rules. It follows different levels of home occupation. You must be resident, you must provide parking etc. Nothing illegal there.

Corelli

Expert Member
Oh if you dig a hole on your property and he rides into it accidentally. You may be liable. Better check the rules and where your property start. Usually fringes where piping etc goes is under lease from the council.

Sometimes it takes a different route. Take a sixpack of beers and have a chat nicely over beers.

Corelli

Expert Member
It sounds like you need to get rid of your HOA as this is their job not yours.