Neighbour intentionally destroying pavement

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'd do what @Venomous suggested and place big rocks on the pavement... if @phaktza doesn't want to hide nails and spikes under the ivy.
That is just a temporary solution. Most of the offenses can a case be opened with the police as well as getting a lawyer involved and drag him to court where he will miserably lose.

People like this like to make those around them think they have a lot of power, a typical abuser. But actually he has none. Stop being scared of him and put him in his place.

Thor

Honorary Master
Guy is a bit mad and I have small dogs and kids. If it was just me he'd have lost 50% of his tires so far. It's also possible his lollypop bushes would be on fire.
Pay someone to poisen his dogs.

(flamesuite on.)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Why is he targeting you, what happened?
He is targeting the whole estate it seems.

He is like my neighbor, except my neighbor is not violent or anything, but would like for everyone to know that he is always right even when he is completely unfair. But someone like this can easily be dealt with, specially when it effect more than one person.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Destruction of property. Breaking of complex law. (Yes! It has been ruled that complex can set its own speed limits). Harassment. Intimidation. Verbal abuse. Threatened with violence.

What the hell?

You have more than enough people, if what you say is true, to report him to the police as well as drag him to court.

There is no win for him in this.

Do it!
Some attorneys have advised us that laying a charge with SAPS won't work.

We're consulting other attorneys next week. Specifically those who represent HOAs.

Thor

Honorary Master
Guy is a bit mad and I have small dogs and kids. If it was just me he'd have lost 50% of his tires so far. It's also possible his lollypop bushes would be on fire.
Oh I see, I read that wrong, missed the I and thought he had dogs and kids.

Craig

Honorary Master
On two of the pavements - but the entire length and not the few metres by the bump. The others are 30 metres away but he's making a concerted effort to mount them, then go off, then go on another pavement around the first bump, then off, then on a pavement between the bumps, then off, then on another pavement by the second bump and then off.

On the return trip this is all on the wrong side of the road - by a blind corner.
Place some stones or something that can damage his car on the blind corner.

Thor

Honorary Master
Well such a guy is bound to cause k@k elsewhere as well so if I was you I'd get a PI (and if you want details I know some of the best PI's in the business) let the PI track him and report to you, just gather info, he I'll fck up somewhere and then you have evidence of it.

Let him lose his doctor's license.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Well such a guy is bound to cause k@k elsewhere as well so if I was you I'd get a PI (and if you want details I know some of the best PI's in the business) let the PI track him and report to you, just gather info, he I'll fck up somewhere and then you have evidence of it.

Let him lose his doctor's license.
Yes no one deserves a doctor like that.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Some attorneys have advised us that laying a charge with SAPS won't work.

We're consulting other attorneys next week. Specifically those who represent HOAs.
No. You lay a charge with SAPS and get a lawyer involved. The SAPS is to show it has been reported and ignored for whatever reason. Also, if it effect everyone. Take it straight to high court.

beans100

Honorary Master
Dick head is back.
Oh, he's one of those Hilux driving doctors? Even have the railing kit on the bakkie, this guy wants to be a farmer/boer. I mean, why do you need railings, if you're a doctor, living in a complex?
These guys are usually very stubborn and can't reason at all. :)

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Surely as a medic, this type of behaviour means he cannot be fit to be a doctor? Report him to the HPCSA... He is obviously not reasonable and probably bordering on pyshotic. This has to impede his ability in his management of patients.

Lupus

Honorary Master
He's threatened at least five residents and one estate agent with physical violence - the one guy merely asked him not to speed because he almost hit his grandchild. He's damaged the gate to the complex and boom in the residents association intentionally. He's refusing to pay levies because he claims Dassies destroyed his garden - he's targeting the directors who have a fiduciary obligation to reclaim that money. His wife left him due to abuse. A resident (one of four currently being harassed) put a fence on his pavement to prevent him driving on the pavement - he physically tore it down and destroyed it.

Do you need another side of the story?
Sounds like a lawyer we had when I lived in a complex. Got to the point that his services were cut off, no refuse removal, only one gate remote allowed access, removed from the intercom, no garden service, no parking allocated to him nothing.
All he had was the unit and his lights and water cause that's not legal to cut off. Yet when we left he was still not paying.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
An additional thought is the guy is running a commercial business in a residential area. We could just deny entry to his employees on the basis that the HOA has the decision as to whether a business may be run in the estate.
Does he have permission to run his practice from his home? SARS (and maybe CIPC to some extent) will be interested, especially if he has been doing some tax dodging like putting personal home expenses on the company expenses claim. Not sure how it works for work-from-home-doctors, but the municipality may also be interested in his residential zoning rights for commercial use, since the rates and water/electricity tend to be more expensive for business than residential rates. People tend to react more favourably when money becomes involved, especially when losing it, so a little anonymous tip-off wouldn't hurt.

spiff

Executive Member
So I have this cnut of a neighbour who is driving on my pavement to create maximum destruction, this is intended to harass me. To top it off the guy is a doctor at a local hospital.

We live in a home owners association.

What is the recommended legal route to follow in this matter (trust me I'd resort to below the belt retaliation if I was in the position to do so).
This is how I sort out cnuts like that.