Neotel drops smartphone bomb in SA

elriconess

Imagine if they had countrywide coverage, they could blow a hole in the South African cellular and landline industry. I'm astonished by their low prices on prepaid. :D

Mars

Honorary Master
Imagine if they had countrywide coverage, they could blow a hole in the South African cellular and landline industry. I'm astonished by their low prices on prepaid. :D
Its a trap.. Neotel can simply not get their act together when it comes to consumer service.

I really hope they manage to sort their junk out, but I'm not holding my breath.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
I'v only had bad experiences with Neotel. The quality of the calls are the worst I have ever experienced.

Pavan

Expert Member
my call quality on their CDMA 2000 network is insane... and doesn't drop in midrand like VC/MTN...

Avenue

Expert Member
Im like that kid after the matrix trying to figure out what just happened.
So for NeoSmart 299 you pay R400 and get 100 neotel minutes. Is that neotel to neotel only?
Then you pay 97c a minute to cell phones after that?
Do you have to be at home to use it, or can it be used as a normal cell phone without having to insert another sim?

Gozzy

So does this mean that I am able to use my US bought BlackBerry Curve 8530 (CDMA) on this network?

DJ...

Banned
Did it just SNO in hell? Has it frozen over?

Last edited:

Allin

Expert Member
Calls to China, India, USU, Canaa, Hong Kong, and Singapore on prepaid are R0.25 per minute; and R1.00 per 10 minutes on postpaid (billed in the first minute)
Where is USU?
I don't know anyone in any of the other countries either...

Pavan

Expert Member
and it probably happened to you tons of times with telkom, mtn and vc... most of the time you gave them a second chance out of dependency and lack of other options and sometimes not... either way, it's good to see some new life and innovation in the consumer house at Neotel. Hope they expand and create a truly competitive portfolio.

siraman

Expert Member
How about expanding Nationally(footprint) and stop being a metro/regional player?Or did the licencing conditions change?

cozinsky

Expert Member
They had their chance, they fumbled it. Not interested in them.
Same here. I don't care what they offer. A company that gives a bad product, then keeps billing me for months after cancellation, then takes 2 years to reimburse me will not have my business ever again. Telkom was a godsend after dealing with them.

Gozzy

Same here. I don't care what they offer. A company that gives a bad product, then keeps billing me for months after cancellation, then takes 2 years to reimburse me will not have my business ever again. Telkom was a godsend after dealing with them.
Same here, had to pay R999 pm for a crappy neotel unlimited prime, had no signal after they confirmed i had signal, couldnt get out of the contract as all their managers were on lunch at any given time.

NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM....... Telkom was a pleasure after Neofailed me.