Neotel LTE network outage hits broadband subscribers

Grasmuis

Stay far away from Neotel, their LTE towers is congested and they just ignore your support tickets. I have logged multiple tickets in the last 3 months and only received one call after I complained on their twitter account.

Firecorp

I have moved from an ADSL area where there is no ADSL. After trying to contact various wireless companies (Iburst, Level7 and many more) with NO respond I decided on Neotel. I am now a week at Neotel. The equipment was installed (by the way my desktop PC HDD have crashed just before the installatio so we connected with the cellphones on WiFi. For 3 days now we have no WiFi. Apart from that now my PC is working again, but there is nothing installed on the PC. In following the cables from the antenna to the little box in the house, nothing is connecting the PC to the network. Up to now I have received no account info or information to setup anything although I have requested it via eimail per phone. I have exhausted my airtime. I have e-mailed info@neotel as well as talk2us@neotel. By the way the PDF documents on the cd is also corrupt and I can not even read what to do. We are 42 units in the complex, the other 41 want wireless as well. It appears the Body Corp want to do a thing for every body. I surely can not refer them to Neotel. Does anybody. Have any suggestions on how to get my connection to work. The PC and the WiFi LTE outage.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I have moved from an ADSL area where there is no ADSL. After trying to contact various wireless companies (Iburst, Level7 and many more) with NO respond I decided on Neotel. I am now a week at Neotel. The equipment was installed (by the way my desktop PC HDD have crashed just before the installatio so we connected with the cellphones on WiFi. For 3 days now we have no WiFi. Apart from that now my PC is working again, but there is nothing installed on the PC. In following the cables from the antenna to the little box in the house, nothing is connecting the PC to the network. Up to now I have received no account info or information to setup anything although I have requested it via eimail per phone. I have exhausted my airtime. I have e-mailed info@neotel as well as talk2us@neotel. By the way the PDF documents on the cd is also corrupt and I can not even read what to do. We are 42 units in the complex, the other 41 want wireless as well. It appears the Body Corp want to do a thing for every body. I surely can not refer them to Neotel. Does anybody. Have any suggestions on how to get my connection to work. The PC and the WiFi LTE outage.
Can you PM me the address? I would like to see what coverage Vodacom has got there.

Grasmuis

Do you pickup the wireless network at all? or just no internet access via the wireless network? Have you tried to reboot the router?

You need to run a network cable from the router inside the house to your PC or connect you pc to the wireless if you have a wireless card installed on the PC.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
It is actually your responsibility to connect your own devices to the Neotel router, via a cable connection or via Wi-Fi. I would think that given the problems you are having with your PC, that there is more to the issue than just no connectivity and all those issues are with your PC itself.

You may have to get someone to look see what is wrong with your PC... if you can't do this yourself.