Neotel LTE speeds hit 70Mbps

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
1 tower? Surely that is a demo...not a actual trial?

Anywoooo....will be interesting to see what they do with LTE.

Avenue

Expert Member
With Neotel I don't even want to know what this is going to cost.

Beri

Expert Member
well they can just say they activated LTE as well. 1 tower or 100 makes no differance.

skusku

Well whether its 70Mbps or 70kbps to me it does not matter until Neotel comes to Bloemfontein.

Beri

Expert Member
not covered in PE. Status are the same for a couple of years now.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Across all providers I think Neotel is the most aggressive when it comes to service offering and cost. Try and get something out from MTN, Vodacom or IS at a reasonable price and you will see what I mean. Neotel has the advantage of not having any legacy infrastructure (compared to MTN, Vodacom, Telkom).

Fibre seems to popup up now on every corner and retail bandwidth prices have dropped to R4/GB. A horrible industry to work in as a company - everyone knows that bandwidth will become a commodity soon and companies will need to change the core offering (i.e. the service providers need to invent themselves, since selling voice/data will not generate the enormous profit margins as they currently do).

SUPERMAN89

Expert Member
I believe that LTE for Neotel is to the wheel for transport

If they play their cards right, they can get back into the game. When Neotel was about to launch everyone was happy to
see some change coming into the landland market.....but that didn't happen.

They need to offer good coverage, good prices and make sure the product is easy to get!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Until Neotel or another provider offer me a fixed line connection of some sort, I will not touch them.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Until Neotel or another provider offer me a fixed line connection of some sort, I will not touch them.
True - fibre to the home would be the best option. Looking at their current pricing (for business at least) I find them better placed than others - but still a fibre connection uncapped for 8K/p.m. is unaffordable for residential purposes.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Completely agree, current pricing is not affordable for the residential person...

BUT, if Neotel think they can get into the high end residential market with a wireless option, they can think again.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Completely agree, current pricing is not affordable for the residential person...

BUT, if Neotel think they can get into the high end residential market with a wireless option, they can think again.
Anyone offering LTE will fail - the LTE offering will be an overpriced niche offering for a few selected areas - none of the current SPs is capable of even offering reliable 3G services. I prefer fixed line myself and was frustrated to watch as my fibre-cables were pulled and replaced with copper to get data into my house a few years back.