Neotel prime connection monitor software

armitage

Expert Member
Hi there.
While ago i got me stinky little paws on a piece of software called Axesstel pst evdo.
From what i can make of it it's not the same as the one that Ushir posted a while ago and it's quite useful to monitor your connection to the neotel towers.
I went from passively just having my modem in the house connected at 384KB/s to just last nite being permanently on 2.4MB/s.

Notes on installation.
After installation start the program. Go to Tool > Setup > Click on Searching Port. This will present you with a few com ports. Select one until you do not get the "Can not open com X" Dialog box.

Also on the Tools menu select HDR Signal Graph then tick the force data and press the start button.
This will give you a nice handy little graph that you can use to see how fast your connecting at. It also gives you your signal strength to the tower (mine sits now at -56).

I'm not great techie but i see there is a ton of functionality for this program that i have barely scratched at. Please if you find out how to dump the firmware or send script commands (Tool > Script Command), lemme know.

I do not think that this is a Illegal use of the program as when i check on the Help > Register PST and by entering a random serial key i automatically just get a dialog box that states that i am registered with a client user key.
Power User Function key is available but i dont know what the serial is for that.

Summary. This program helps to show.
Ec/IO (RF signal which is usable. The difference between the signal strength and the noise floor)
Signal strength.
Tower (think that is what "Active Pilot PN" means).
Remote reboot for the modem. (Tool > Favourite Item Edit > RESET)
Helps immensely to quickly troubleshoot connectivity issues. I've noticed on several instances the towers just dying on me and the modem struggling to reconnect.

flame away :)

ps if anyone has a permanent ftp site where we can store this file it would be appreciated. The Rapidshare link comes with only 10 dl's per day and a 90 day unused limit :/

Here's the link to the rapidshare of the .zip file with the software.
rapidshare link: http://rapidshare.com/files/104253802/AxesstelPst_EvDO_1.53.rar
Send space link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/01gxt7
Mega upload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5B6DRVI

Last edited:

Yotch

Expert Member
Last edited:

DreamKing

Executive Member
sorry, link dead.

could you please post to the other host?

armitage

Expert Member
Thanks guys. Added the links to megaupload and send space.
hope it works :)

fmostert

I suppose using the Dovado with the Neoconnect Prime device you won't be able to use this unless you connect the device directly to your pc... Will go check tonight at home, but if anyone out there has given it a try post some feedback?

Thanks

DarkDenim

Expert Member
The DRC requested value on my device is always 1.2Mbps. How can I change it? My RSSI is 58 so surely it should be 2Mbps...?

armitage

Expert Member
Hmm, 58 is pretty good. Im getting about 56 and only then do i get 2.4MB/s

But yeah, without a directional antenna that you can fine tune your signal to the tower it would be hard to get above 1.8 i think. Ive used the default antenna and mounted it outside to get 1.8 so the best you can do is just find the sweet spot where your connection jumps up and then try to get your antenna fixed there.
But yeah, the RSSI is not the be all of the connection. Try to get your ec/io lower. Helped me a lot to get a better signal.

Though this morning the bloody connection didn't even wanna work. Seems my tower died again :/

DarkDenim

Expert Member
Hmm, 58 is pretty good. Im getting about 56 and only then do i get 2.4MB/s

But yeah, without a directional antenna that you can fine tune your signal to the tower it would be hard to get above 1.8 i think. Ive used the default antenna and mounted it outside to get 1.8 so the best you can do is just find the sweet spot where your connection jumps up and then try to get your antenna fixed there.
But yeah, the RSSI is not the be all of the connection. Try to get your ec/io lower. Helped me a lot to get a better signal.

Though this morning the bloody connection didn't even wanna work. Seems my tower died again :/
I was hoping you weren't gonna say that :mad:

Will try and find a sweet spot when I get home.

tkc787

hey thanks for the software. Still i am having some trouble using it because somehow my usb conection wont work because it says authentication failed i would apreciate it very much if any of you guys could help me.