.Net Core 2.2 Hosting

akemp

Morning,

I have written a .Net Core 2.2 Web API application for a client, but cannot seem to find a hosting company that supports .Net Core?

Any suggestions as to which companies actually supports this?

Thanks

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep

akemp

What about Azure?
I am finding it very hard to calculate effective prices on there, I just need to host a simple web api with minimal traffic, and need access to either a MySQL or SQL instance, very, very small database. When I use their calculator, the price evaluates to about +- R1300/pm, which is very expensive for what it should do

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I am finding it very hard to calculate effective prices on there, I just need to host a simple web api with minimal traffic, and need access to either a MySQL or SQL instance, very, very small database. When I use their calculator, the price evaluates to about +- R1300/pm, which is very expensive for what it should do

You can get a Windows VPS from a South African hosting company for about R400 a month. You can install SQL Server Express or MySQL on it and setup IIS and .NET core on it.

Traq

If you are doing a simple Web API then go with Azure Function App with a free plan which will net you +- 1mil requests depending on what the requests do. That coupled with a basic Azure SQL DB on basic DTU tier will cost R110/pm.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Our WINDOWS SSD PALLADIUM should suffice then, 5 MySQL Databases and 5 SQL Databases @R19 PM

akemp

Our WINDOWS SSD PALLADIUM should suffice then, 5 MySQL Databases and 5 SQL Databases @R19 PM
Let me check it out. I tried contacting you guys from your Website the other day, but the 'Message' functionality did not work.

Let me sign for a package quick. Will provide feedback.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Let me check it out. I tried contacting you guys from your Website the other day, but the 'Message' functionality did not work.

Apologies for that, that typically happens when your browser / connection fails google capture

You're more than welcome to send us a mail on help@absolutehosting.co.za or jump onto live chat and we can answer any questions that you may have.

lerouc

I have a couple of function apps running on Azure and they come in on the free tier (under a number of requests per month) and i use a cosmosDB as a backend which is also relatively cheap. I host all of this on my MSDN subscription so it comes with my free R800 credits...

akemp

You more than welcome to try our Plesk Trial Package if interested to test it out before purchasing:
I do have a free account, but it does not seem to work without registering a domain that is not free? Also, one of your staff members replied to a ticket I logged, Plesk only supports .Net Core 2.05, apparently

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep

I wanted to reach out to let you know that we have upgraded the version of google recaptcha to v3, and thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.

In addition we’ve upgraded the version of .Net Core on all Windows Servers to v3

Chicarito

Morning,

I have written a .Net Core 2.2 Web API application for a client, but cannot seem to find a hosting company that supports .Net Core?

Any suggestions as to which companies actually supports this?

Thanks

Asphostportal for US provider and Hostforlife.eu if you are looking for EU data center. The other choice maybe like Everleap.

Hostking

Hostking company rep
Company Rep
I do have a free account, but it does not seem to work without registering a domain that is not free? Also, one of your staff members replied to a ticket I logged, Plesk only supports .Net Core 2.05, apparently

I checked with support and our newest server has 2.2.7 installed however our previous servers have version 2.0.x on correct. You can put any domain you have in "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers " and then use the plesk option in your control panel to Preview the site to test it and configure it accordingly. Alternatively you could use the host file trick to get the site to load as if it is registered.

Some new customers using the Trial option also use a subdomain pointing to our server to play with it before they decide to upgrade.