.Net WPF DataGrid - change foreground color programatically

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'm not a full time coder as this will show and haven't done a lot with WPF. I have a DataGrid called dataGrid and I want the colour of a row to be changed when the user double clicks it. So far I have this but i'm missing the piece about updating the foreground colour for the row clicked:

xaml:
Code:
        <DataGrid x:Name="dataGrid">
            <DataGrid.Columns>
                <DataGridTextColumn Header="User name" Binding="{Binding Username}" Width="130"></DataGridTextColumn>
                <DataGridTextColumn Header="Full name" Binding="{Binding Fullname}" Width="243"></DataGridTextColumn>
                <DataGridCheckBoxColumn Header="Enabled" Binding="{Binding Enabled}" Width="57"></DataGridCheckBoxColumn>
            </DataGrid.Columns>
            <DataGrid.Resources>
                <Style TargetType="DataGridRow">
                    <EventSetter Event="MouseDoubleClick" Handler="Row_DoubleClick"/>
                </Style>
            </DataGrid.Resources>
        </DataGrid>
c#:
Code:
        private void Row_DoubleClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
        //update the row foreground colour to Brushes.Blue***
        }
Seems it should be easy but I'm really struggling with this one. What am I missing? I've tried countless stackoverflow suggestions but nothing is working just yet. Any help is appreciated!

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Sho....this brings back memories. I'm completely out of touch with C# and WPF these days but from what you've posted I would inspect the sender object in the event. It's most like a reference to the row that was clicked or the datagrid (in which case the event arg may hold data like the row number).

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Not a wpf person myself, do you not maybe need to do a rebind or refresh of the control after setting the color?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I was curious so I googled it for you. As suspected, you can use the sender object:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22790181/wpf-datagrid-row-double-click-event-programmatically

Code:
private void Row_DoubleClick(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  {
     DataGridRow row = sender as DataGridRow;
     // Some operations with this row
  }
WPF is driven by databindings. I didn't read all of it but the correct way to do this is probably define a style for a specific row state and then alter the state on the click event.

ie. "selected" is "red" so when I double click a row all the other rows are not selected and this one is.