Netflix coming soon to SA

Jola

Honorary Master
Good. However, lately been using Amazon Prime most of the time.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Good. However, lately been using Amazon Prime most of the time.
I've been using AP for the last few weeks - not bad but I'm still debating if I'm going to continue when the trial ends.

Nephew_

But I think the Netflix content would be very limited, because of MC having the bulk of the rights. Right?

Electric

Honorary Master
I cancelled Netflix recently as well as Hulu.
The content is just not regular enough.

StellenboschStudent

Expert Member
I cancelled Netflix recently as well as Hulu.
The content is just not regular enough.
I just change my dns to servers across the world, each country has different content.
There are some search engines to look up on which netflix you can find a particular movie or series.

Electric

Honorary Master
I just change my dns to servers across the world, each country has different content.
There are some search engines to look up on which netflix you can find a particular movie or series.
I know what content is available, it's just not that great imo.
I've had Netflix and Hulu for well over a year.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Look at that screen uniformity ! Postman will have a field day!

Guessing we'll just be a region that current users can swap to with Dynamo, should their be any local content? So doesn't really phase us, barring the fact that we can legit download the app on various devices legally and no swapping of regions.

Cancelled Hulu last month - never used it and just paid. But loving Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix!

Praemon

Expert Member
Look at that screen uniformity ! Postman will have a field day!

Guessing we'll just be a region that current users can swap to with Dynamo, should their be any local content? So doesn't really phase us, barring the fact that we can legit download the app on various devices legally and no swapping of regions.

Cancelled Hulu last month - never used it and just paid. But loving Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix!
Yeah. I'm going to stick with Unotelly, but pay for a local Netflix sub, and then just move around using dynamo between regions I want to view in.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
While this is great, my Unotelly sub isn't going anywhere.

isie

Honorary Master
I wonder what the cost would be locally - if not bad i wonder if you can move subscriptions from US to RSA- if Netflix sticks to their current I don't care where you subscribed from I only give you content where i think you are policy - as long as I got Unotelly the only reason to be on different Regions is the subscription cost.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Yeah. I'm going to stick with Unotelly, but pay for a local Netflix sub, and then just move around using dynamo between regions I want to view in.
Assuming the SA sub is cheaper than US, surely?

Otherwise register on US and move to SA

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
But I think the Netflix content would be very limited, because of MC having the bulk of the rights. Right?
I'm not so sure about that. Netflix carries past, as opposed to current, seasons. Monochoice is more current.

Then again Monochoice might try and lock up previous seasons just be petty.

Vegeta

Executive Member
I've had Netflix for a long time now, never cancelled even if it's not that recent it still beats DSTV.
Hulu on the other hand I've cancelled many times for long periods of time, only subbed again now for Trevor Noah's daily show.
The ads always buffer because they are HD or near HD and they don't get loaded before hand. So irritating and for some reason I can never find anything really good to watch on Hulu also the apps are slow and the interface messy.

Last edited:

koeksGHT

Dealer
Thanks but no thanks, half the shows will not be available here. Will stick with Unotelly

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Wonder what pricing will be like. I'm still only paying around R100 for my US sub which is pretty competitive.