Netflix expects stiff competition from Jeremy Clarkson’s car show on Amazon

BBotha

I have Amazon Prime and I have to say its a brilliant service. Music, Books, Movie and TV Shows all for a single price thats less than Netflix. They also have the HBO back catalog. But with MC this will be cut to nothing when they launch globally.

fbman

I hope Prime comes to SA, I would subscribe.

I am sure Amazon will launch a similar war on VPN's and proxies as Netflix did when they launched worldwide

Drifter

Honorary Master
I also had prime for a while. Quality really put me off. Could not get higher than 420p at most.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I also had prime for a while. Quality really put me off. Could not get higher than 420p at most.
Netflix has content servers in SA, Amazon doesn't afaik.

Seems about the same my side (though the amazon UI is awful)

I hope Prime comes to SA, I would subscribe.
Didn't they already say it will? Well the video part anyway

Jola

Honorary Master
Never had a quality problem with Amazon Prime.

Albert Broco

Banned
I do not care about Amazon Prime, not even with TGT. I will pirate this show and not pay a single cent to any company, whatsoever. Content must be free. No discussion around this.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I do not care about Amazon Prime, not even with TGT. I will pirate this show and not pay a single cent to any company, whatsoever. Content must be free. No discussion around this.
What?

How do you expect this content to be made if it's free?

This show is costing millions of dollars to produce.

Are you one of those #feesmustfall retards with nothing resembling logic?

Plenty of discussion around this, it's pretty much not happening if someone isn't paying for it.

WTF

I guess taxes should also be scrapped, no discussion required, but just because you think it should be free.

TV shows are a privilege, not a right you self entitled twat.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
We're just waiting for you to finish burning the universities.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
What?

How do you expect this content to be made if it's free?

This show is costing millions of dollars to produce.

Are you one of those #feesmustfall retards with nothing resembling logic?

Plenty of discussion around this, it's pretty much not happening if someone isn't paying for it.

WTF

I guess taxes should also be scrapped, no discussion required, but just because you think it should be free.

TV shows are a privilege, not a right you self entitled twat.
You'll took the bait...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I presume you need to jump region hoops for Prime?

Or is it a pipe dream to think it would "just work"?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I have Amazon Prime and I have to say its a brilliant service. Music, Books, Movie and TV Shows all for a single price thats less than Netflix. They also have the HBO back catalog. But with MC this will be cut to nothing when they launch globally.
Is it not local already ? I used to subscribe with a proxy but the other day I tried to browse the service and had no issues, would let me watch the trailers and see all the shows. Do you get a region error when trying to play content ?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I presume you need to jump region hoops for Prime?

Or is it a pipe dream to think it would "just work"?
I hope not, I can browse the catalog at the moment but if I have to set up a DNS service again that's going to affect Netflix. Even if you tell them to ignore Netflix, it will still complain.