Netflix gift cards for South Africa are nowhere to be seen

eg2505

Honorary Master
saw one at my local PNP, its just plastic with a voucher loaded onto it,
like uber vouchers or CNA voucher.

Yup bought and loaded one from PnP this week. I hope the 1K loaded on it actually works for the gift recipient.

Was hoping for Checkers so that it could have counted to my checkers spend (ebucks!) :cautious::p

dj2381

Expert Member
Staff writer at it again, "MyBroadband visited the online stores of several of the retailers which were listed as having the cards from Netflix, but could not find the item." If you are looking to buy the gift cards online then there is no need to buy the gift cards online because you then use your debit/credit for subscription, they are in store, there aren't enough facepalms in the world to explain this stupid.

Edit: "The absence of the cards in South Africa was further confirmed when we visited Netflix’s help section on their website. " Did the multichoice staff writer phone any of the stores mentioned to find out if they are in stock? no mention of that.

Last edited:

deweyzeph

Executive Member
You can watch Netflix without having a credit card
You can use a debit card though, which even my domestic worker has through Capitec. So I fail to see the appeal of them. If you're so poor that you don't even have a debit card then you're highly unlikely to be streaming video through an internet connection. So the whole thing seems kind of pointless to me.

Dan C

Honorary Master
You can use a debit card though, which even my domestic worker has through Capitec. So I fail to see the appeal of them. If you're so poor that you don't even have a debit card then you're highly unlikely to be streaming video through an internet connection. So the whole thing seems kind of pointless to me.
It is a gift card, to spoil someone else.

Markd

Disappointing piece of writing from MyBroadband, essentially amounting to Fake News, because the assertion is that "these aren't available as promised" but the truth is that they are, just not where your lazy eye looked. Really really bad "journalism".

ekske1

Expert Member

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
My Netflix sub comes off my Capitec savings account. I think these are more to placate those still not comfortable sharing their banking details "in the wild" (read: paranoid).