Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

joefriday

Well, it appears that it has finally happened, Netflix in HD has stopped working on these Chinese boxes that are NOT Google Certified. Tested my Mecool M8S Pro L and my Mecool M8S Pro Plus, both get an error now when trying to play Netflix in HD. Question is whether Mecool or others will be able to correct this issue via firmware upgrade, or is it an embedded hardware problem that can't be solved.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Well, it appears that it has finally happened, Netflix in HD has stopped working on these Chinese boxes that are NOT Google Certified. Tested my Mecool M8S Pro L and my Mecool M8S Pro Plus, both get an error now when trying to play Netflix in HD. Question is whether Mecool or others will be able to correct this issue via firmware upgrade, or is it an embedded hardware problem that can't be solved.

If they get certified by Netflix then it should correct itself, otherwise I doubt they will ever work properly again...

Christok

I also have the Mecool L. Mine also stopped working. Is there a way to get it to work? I phoned Netflix. They told me they are aware of this problem. After 3 days still nothing. It's bad because I bought the box last week and only had viewed Netflix for 2 days! My bad luck.

joefriday

vinnyza

So seems the burnkey v1.0.3 has been thwarted again. Netflix stopped working on my Mecool again , and even more weirdly, so has showmax...

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
These damned Android boxes. One day things work, the next day no more.

Like how DSSTV Now worked on my MyGica, and later not anymore. FFS.

So far everything is working perfectly on the Xiaomi.

Hamsterjie

Bought my dad the mecool early December, setup Netflix,showmax and DStv now, everything worked great(also used Burnkey tool), even considered buying myself one. Gave it to him on Xmas yesterday and now nothing works.

Zottie

These damned Android boxes. One day things work, the next day no more.

Like how DSSTV Now worked on my MyGica, and later not anymore. FFS.

So far everything is working perfectly on the Xiaomi.
Can someone please assis is the new Xiaomi MX10 compatible with the DSTV NOW and Netflix apps??