Netflix increases prices in South Africa

Skerminkel

Expert Member
"Play Something" is a sign that you are bored out of your scull and cannot activate your brain to even look for something worthwhile. It really just plays stuff that have already been recommended to you over and over again.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
... All I'm asking for is a filter...
OK, I'll go for that. As long as it works the other way around as well. They really do not indicate the original language of content very well in the descriptions.

Milano

Honorary Master
Complying with ever-increasing government interference cannot come cheap. Those fugly and annoying FPB banners we are force fed plus the high costs of local content.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
I guess the ZAR price can't stay the same forever. One price increase in 5 years probably isn't a disaster
Agreed.

My netflix is used by me, 2 kids (who lives with the ex) and my mom. Quality of stream is x1000 better than DSTV.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Has Corona had an impact on the production of titles? And no, I'm not trolling, its a genuine question. New shows have been few and far between and I'm wondering if Netflix has lost its mojo or if the studios have stopped producing content
No idea, but a lot of the stuff has also gone very woke, and what wasn't seems to get cancelled.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Has Corona had an impact on the production of titles? And no, I'm not trolling, its a genuine question. New shows have been few and far between and I'm wondering if Netflix has lost its mojo or if the studios have stopped producing content
In time to release sure, but titles have always released mid to end of year for what I watch.
Sex Education
Money Heist
You
Big Mouth(next month)
The Witcher

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
OK, I'll go for that. As long as it works the other way around as well. They really do not indicate the original language of content very well in the descriptions.
Of course - people should be able to hide and highlight what they're interested in, and what they're not.

By the time I've dug into the soundtrack options, to see what the original language is, it's already started playing.

Lupus

Honorary Master
In time to release sure, but titles have always released mid to end of year for what I watch.
Sex Education
Money Heist
You
Big Mouth(next month)
The Witcher
Well the Witcher first released in 2019 so that's a 2 year gap, Sex Education used to release at the beginning of the year, last time it was January 2020 and 2019 for it's first 2 seasons.
Now I just want Russian Doll, though I've forgotten what happened.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Well the Witcher first released in 2019 so that's a 2 year gap, Sex Education used to release at the beginning of the year, last time it was January 2020 and 2019 for it's first 2 seasons.
Now I just want Russian Doll, though I've forgotten what happened.
They’ve seemed to have focused improvements on their production aspect or Content Engineering as they call it, the last time I read their engineering blog.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I would pay R50 more to remove local content.
Check out Showmax (we don't pay for it, but have access to a family member's account)...it's mostly local content. We haven't watched Showmax in well over 18 months now.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Yeah, got no intention of chucking it yet. Added Britbox to the mix, and when DIsney+ opens up here next year, I will add that for sports and everything Disney.