Netflix now [not] working on Telkom LIT box [Updated 05/10/21]

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Been a few months now that NetFlix has been working on my LIT boxes (A11), just paid my second months subscription.

system32

Expert Member
Been a few months now that NetFlix has been working on my LIT boxes (A11), just paid my second months subscription.
Q. What Windevine level is the updated Telkom LIT TV box?
Widevine has three certification levels: L1, L2, and L3.
Applications such as Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, BBC and more require the device to be Widevine L1 certified to be able to stream HD videos

Is it Widevine L3, meaning you can’t watch videos from Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in high-definition - only 480p

Use "DRM Info" to view.

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
"Users with “older” version of the LIT box reported issues with streaming Netflix, however. The model numbers referenced by affected users were the “B05” box."

The B05s are the newer versions. A06, A07 and A11 are devices manufactured in 2017, the B05 and B10 devices were manufactured in 2018.

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
"Users with “older” version of the LIT box reported issues with streaming Netflix, however. The model numbers referenced by affected users were the “B05” box."

The B05s are the newer versions. A06, A07 and A11 are devices manufactured in 2017, the B05 and B10 devices were manufactured in 2018.

If you should have an issue with Netflix, please send a mail to the Nology Help Desk (support@nology.co.za) with your serial number/MAC address and we will look into the issue.

clivelakay80

I have tried logging in my account, the video plays for a few seconds, then gives me an error message saying it cant play the video
error code is
Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I have tried logging in my account, the video plays for a few seconds, then gives me an error message saying it cant play the video
error code is
Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5)
Are you using a smartdns service or VPN?

clivelakay80

I've tried 2...before the telkom and netfix deal it wouldn't even load, now it loads plays plays for a few seconds then gives the error msg. Its a pain. I can play it on my laptop and cast it to the lit box, just cant play it via the lit box app

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've tried 2...before the telkom and netfix deal it wouldn't even load, now it loads plays plays for a few seconds then gives the error msg. Its a pain. I can play it on my laptop and cast it to the lit box, just cant play it via the lit box app
And the version Android?

riscbroker

Expert Member
Yea it is
Go to Settings, Apps, look for Netflix and clear the cache and anything else that may retain data that is not vital to Netflix running. Reboot the box and try again.

Also, as everyone is asking:

What model box do you have? A06, A07, A11, B05?
What version of Android is your box on now?