Netflix secures Sony movies with multiyear deal

Chris

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Netflix secures Sony movies with multiyear deal

Netflix Inc. secured exclusive U.S. rights to new movies from Sony Pictures after they leave theaters, in a multiyear agreement giving the streaming giant upcoming films in the popular “Jumanji” and “Spider-Man” franchises.

The entertainment division of Japan’s Sony Corp. also gave Netflix the first chance to buy movies that aren’t headed for theaters and take part in their production, another potential pipeline of original films.

Financial terms of the deal announced Thursday weren’t disclosed, though Bloomberg News previously reported Sony was seeking as much as $250 million a year.

[Bloomberg]

randomcat

Expert Member
laughs-in-pirate.jpg

Looney

Expert Member
Who pirates Netflix? Are people really that cheap?*

*Rhetorical question, obviously.

Even I use Netflix even though I technically don’t need it because I can stream everything through 1 app.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Pretty decent move actually, makes the US Netflix an even better offering.

Pity it only starts in 2022 though.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
This is good news, should improve the catalog considerably!

randomcat

Expert Member
Who pirates Netflix? Are people really that cheap?*

*Rhetorical question, obviously.
Rhetorical but I'll answer. Yes people are that cheap.

I have a premium Netflix account but I download in certain cases. I was staying somewhere and the place had a smart TV with Netflix installed. I tried to cast to the TV(via Netflix app) and tried the TVs Netflix app but it was giving an error. After trying for many minutes I just download the documentary and casted it from my phone.

Netflix is full of horseshit. Some people only want to watch one show or documentary, it's not worth paying for a month to see it.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

I have a premium Netflix account but I download in certain cases. I was staying somewhere and the place had a smart TV with Netflix installed. I tried to cast to the TV(via Netflix app) and tried the TVs Netflix app but it was giving an error. After trying for many minutes I just download the documentary and casted it from my phone.

Netflix is full of horseshit. Some people only want to watch one show or documentary, it's not worth paying for a month to see it.
If they buy it flat out it'll probably cost the same if not more than Netflix at R140.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Indeed
Agreed - they should let you cast downloaded content.
Horses**t is people thinking they're entitled to something they're not. Their parents should have pointed that out long ago.