Netflix South Africa – What you pay vs what you get

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Netflix South Africa – What you pay vs what you get

Comparitech has released the results of an investigation into which countries pay the most and the least for Netflix, based on their monthly subscription price and the amount of content available in their region.

The analysis encompassed 78 countries, using information from a number of online sources to determine the availability of content on Netflix in each country examined.

theratman

Executive Member
We might be better off but we're still missing buckets of content. As I understand it, it's due to dstv etc having exclusive rights to some of them.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
So how does DNS services to get access to full US library work?

Totempole

Expert Member
Below is the average cost per title of South Africa compared with other major countries, including the United States, UK, Kenya, and Denmark.
How were these "major countries" determined for the second list?

Based on the countries in the Top 10 list, I wouldn't consider any of the countries from "South Africa" and below as "major countries".

Or am I missing the point?

HennieWelkom

a lot of the content that does not get shown is because of DStv having the rights, Netflix had nothing to do with broadcast rights done years ago. As long as they provide all the Netflix made content here I'm fine with whatever else they provide. The Netflix made content has gotten so good it is for me at least worth subscribing just for that

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Yeah. I don't care how much it costs, I'll never buy into it since I have no interest in watching movies and "reality" TV shows anymore. As for local content? I'd rather stick needles in my eyeballs than watch any of it. DSTV robs me blindly for the premium service (and I don't pay normal subscribers rates either) for sports and a few doccies. If it wasn't for the sports, I could happily live without TV at all.