Netflix USA sees Getflix unblocker?

maumau

Honorary Master
Since last night I've been unable to use Netflix USA via Getflix. It's happening on Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Tab S3 (new). I've exited netflix on the Note 5 and it won't even accept a log in. On the Tab S3 I am already logged in but it won't accept the PIN (set for parental control) - no message but nothing happens.

Anyone else having problems?

Getflix support suggest putting the DNS settings into the router but 5 people use our internet and part from that I'm nervous about fiddling with the router.

Vernon

Expert Member
You might need to uninstall all updates for the Netflix app, to roll back to an older version of the app. That's the only way that it works for me on the Mi Box.

maumau

Honorary Master
You might need to uninstall all updates for the Netflix app, to roll back to an older version of the app. That's the only way that it works for me on the Mi Box.
Excellent! Thank you Vernon I'll try that this evening.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Windflix from Windscribe still works for me if you only need Netflix. They have a $2 build a plan deal.

maumau

Honorary Master
Windflix from Windscribe still works for me if you only need Netflix. They have a $2 build a plan deal.
Never heard of that one, will look at it tks.

Used for Netflix and BBC - BBC stopped downloading a few months ago but streaming is OK so it's something I can live with.

Gothan

Expert Member
I’ve been using vipdns for a long time now, but the latest versions of Netflix seems to have dns settings build in. On shield I had to roll back to version 5 something, anything above that gets blocked

maumau

Honorary Master
I’ve been using vipdns for a long time now, but the latest versions of Netflix seems to have dns settings build in. On shield I had to roll back to version 5 something, anything above that gets blocked
Those dogs!! Will try rolling back this evening.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
R.O.B.E.R.T is a systemwide adblocker. Works on Android and the desktop apps. Will also work with the browser extensions soon.
Which DNS settings are you using?
Getting 2 different DNS to use depending on the page -.-

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Which DNS settings are you using?
Getting 2 different DNS to use depending on the page -.-
It's a VPN. You use the Windscribe app and connect to one of the 4 Windscribe servers (US, UK, CA and JP). They don't have a smart dns service yet but it's also coming.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
It's a VPN. You use the Windscribe app and connect to one of the 4 Windscribe servers (US, UK, CA and JP). They don't have a smart dns service yet but it's also coming.
Yup, setting the VPN on my router via OpenVPN. Will try both :)

waylander

Expert Member
Windscribe is not a DNS unblocker as Windflix uses IPv6 tunneling to residential IP blocks. Windscribe is a VPN service.

ROBERT is an ad-blocker, used when connected to their VPN and does not work unless you're using their VPN.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Do the DNS and static IP settings in the router affect the speed? Thinking about gaming etc.
No it doesn't affect gaming. I am also using smartdns proxy and have to change DNS on router as I have a Roku which you cannot change DNS on Roku itself.

I have three computers generally all gaming at the same time and gaming has been the same with the DNS changed on the router ( besides the **** having with cool ideas)

maumau

Honorary Master
No it doesn't affect gaming. I am also using smartdns proxy and have to change DNS on router as I have a Roku which you cannot change DNS on Roku itself.

I have three computers generally all gaming at the same time and gaming has been the same with the DNS changed on the router ( besides the **** having with cool ideas)
Marvellous thank you @ISP cash cow. Sorry to hear about CI - support seems like a black hole there.

maumau

Honorary Master
BTW if netflix sees the geo-unblocker shouldn't it default to ZA Netflix?