Netflix vs Black Binge Elite – Price and content comparison

Ianf1

Expert Member
Can you stream black to a Chromecast like Netflix?

oronte

Expert Member
There's no way there are 800 series on Binge, you can easily see it on their website. There are probably 800 episodes of series and even that number seems high. Unless they're counting every show that airs on the streaming channels which isn't exactly the same.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Black binge elite?
interesting name, sounds like a government official.

Dolby

Honorary Master
It boots straint into the below and is Android 4.x under this.

My thoughts?

Confusing !
Buying Weekend / Daily / Binge / BTV / Premium / Flex and the packages they have. It's all too much, to be honest. I never knew what I was actually buying or what was included.

Expensive! I think in the month I was trialing, I spent R500+ because I never knew what package I had or what was included. There was a R70.00 ... and then a R50.00 ... and then R100.00 ... and it just went on actually. Some packages let you watch certain things and limited times - it's just confusing and expensive. To rent Skyscraper (HD) on Black is R45.00 and Google Movies is R28.00. I'm not even sure you get 5.1 on Black ...

Quality! Renting movies seems alright (1080) - but some of the channels looked so bad, I'd rather not even bother watching

btv.jpg

randburgred

all Black really needs to do is to up its sports content and it would become a real satellite killer for those sports fanatics In my opinion comparison between Netflix and Black is not relevant Yes they are both streaming channels but that is really it I would like to see Black evolving to include ABC CBS and NBC being similar to Hulu or Sling

DXL

Expert Member
all Black really needs to do is to up its sports content and it would become a real satellite killer for those sports fanatics In my opinion comparison between Netflix and Black is not relevant Yes they are both streaming channels but that is really it I would like to see Black evolving to include ABC CBS and NBC being similar to Hulu or Sling
This may be a Satellite Game Changer.
If they could source more Sport with Variety.
Drop their prices to R200 per month.
No data charges for using Black.

Multichoice will be in trouble for sure.

However this will never happen so

Multichoice is here to Stay :)

But Telkom could do something like this and catch the others napping.

genetic

Honorary Master
Netflix does not stream channels.

Polymathic

Honorary Master

My thoughts?

Confusing ! Buying Weekend / Daily / Binge / BTV / Premium / Flex and the packages they have. It's all too much, to be honest. I never knew what I was actually buying or what was included.

Expensive! I think in the month I was trialing, I spent R500+ because I never knew what package I had or what was included. There was a R70.00 ... and then a R50.00 ... and then R100.00 ... and it just went on actually. Some packages let you watch certain things and limited times - it's just confusing and expensive. To rent Skyscraper (HD) on Black is R45.00 and Google Movies is R28.00. I'm not even sure you get 5.1 on Black ...

Quality! Renting movies seems alright (1080) - but some of the channels looked so bad, I'd rather not even bother watching

View attachment 580064
Where did you get the app from? Can't find the app in the play Store on my Skyworth

Yuu

Executive Member

My thoughts?

Confusing ! Buying Weekend / Daily / Binge / BTV / Premium / Flex and the packages they have. It's all too much, to be honest. I never knew what I was actually buying or what was included.

View attachment 580064
Turn salt, that tv is :love:.

Black also needs to give us DD+ 2.0/5.1 and down the line ATMOS. :p

Dolby

Honorary Master
Black also needs to give us DD+ 2.0/5.1 and down the line ATMOS. :p
Yea ... I think they have potential!

But they need to sort out those stupid packages, lower pricing and up quality. I can live 1080 - but then up everything to 1080 and, as you say, up the audio side of things. Bog standard 5.1 is even good in my eyes

Basically, reinvent everything ;)

Azg

Expert Member
Yea ... I think they have potential!

But they need to sort out those stupid packages, lower pricing and up quality. I can live 1080 - but then up everything to 1080 and, as you say, up the audio side of things. Bog standard 5.1 is even good in my eyes

Basically, reinvent everything ;)
How is the quality of those channels that are indicated as HD e.g. Travel Channel HD?

Dolby

Honorary Master
How is the quality of those channels that are indicated as HD e.g. Travel Channel HD?
I actually never tried them, as the channels I would be have keen on, were SD ie National Geographic

Dolby

Honorary Master
So I went to that channel to see how much it'd cost to try for you - and these are the options I can when I click it. They don't have hyperlinks to what the package entails ... and on the packages page, there are 20+ that you can slect

https://www.black.co.za/packages

black.jpg

Azg

Expert Member
So I went to that channel to see how much it'd cost to try for you - and these are the options I can when I click it. They don't have hyperlinks to what the package entails ... and on the packages page, there are 20+ that you can slect
Thanks. I will just wait the one week to try the full package for R89.