Netflix warns it will have to slash its library in South Africa to meet local content quotas

Jola

Honorary Master
How does having quotas on a streaming service like netflix even make sense. I'm confused.

ANC are also very confused.

In fact, IMO they have altogether lost the ability to have coherent thoughts.

But, in terms of DKE, they don't know that.

Lucas Buck

Executive Member
The government are idiots, they don't realise its a VOD service, where you can choose what to watch. Not like their archaic relic they can't keep afloat.
The way these dinosaurs approach new challenges, shows how ill-equipped and out of touch they are with media and technology .

Iwojima

Expert Member
You've got to wonder which idiot in government would have failed to see how this would have gone.

There was exactly 0 chance they would be pumping millions into making local content in SA to get to 30%. They would only feasibly reduce the base which would be a net loss for all subscribers.

Jola

Honorary Master
You've got to wonder which idiot in government would have failed to see how this would have gone.

There was exactly 0 chance they would be pumping millions into making local content in SA to get to 30%. They would only feasibly reduce the base which would be a net loss for all subscribers.

ANC Government are not exactly renowned for their intelligence.

IMO this is par for the course.

lexis

Sadim in action again. The moment that government gets involved ....

quovadis

Executive Member
No problem, SABC has tons of crap I'm sure they'll let go for a donation to some exec's wife's non-profit charity.

Danie_V

Yes my wife was making a fair bit of money as an extra on Netflix movies shot in SA - is that local content then? It used local crews, venues, catering, etc. But the movies obviously appear to be in the US and elsewhere.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Yes my wife was making a fair bit of money as an extra on Netflix movies shot in SA - is that local content then? It used local crews, venues, catering, etc. But the movies obviously appear to be in the US and elsewhere.
Scary to think the racist government can't see how much jobs can be created by doing this. Instead it's just BEE , kill more jobs, FU all South Africa.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I cannot put in words how much I hate this government.

Even when you try and get away from all the misery by just tuning out to some TV they will still find a way to get their garbage across to you. We didn't want Hlaudi's greatest hits and we don't want local garbage on our TVs.

Cius

Executive Member
I despise the ANC. I bet you anything all this is is an attempt to get Netlfix to hand over a bribe to the ANC.