Network Error 1106

User217

I honestly do not know what more to do... I have subscribed to Showmax, but I just cannot get it to work on my media player. Not even showmax seem to know, because I have taken it up with them and their official response was that my device is not compatible. I don't believe that as the requirements for the showmax app to run is met; even exceeded; by the device.

I have a HiMedia H8 LITE Android TV Box that has Android 5.1.1 installed. It meets all the showmax criteria for a player device. I can open showmax, browse the menus, even play the trailers, but as soon as I ask to play a program it gives me a Network Error 1106.

I have reset my router, reset the player, even connected it directly with a network cable to my router instead of wirelessly and the result stays the same... I can play anything from Kodi, YouTube, even browse the showmax site and play trailers, but as soon as I ask for an episode to play it refuses...

I don;t know what more to do. If everything else is working and showmax does not, the only reason is that the app is buggy. If there is a problem with my router, my network, the device or my ISP, then why does everything else work? Why can I stream showmax on my PC's and not on the media player?

I am hopeing someone out there can think of something I have not yet and I have tried a lot!

Showmax support is 1000% useless as they simply sit behind a computer using a online troubleshoot guide.

Step one: uninstall Showmax app
Step two: open your internet browser and visit
https://m.apkpure.com/showmax-watch-tv-shows-and-movies/com.showmax.app/versions

Step three: download a previous version of Showmax and it should work.

I have personally seen that many Android TV devices that use to work with Showmax and DSTV now are having issues. DSTV is trying to block users from using the apps and call the devices unsupported.

Many people use friends / family's Showmax & DSTV login details to bypass the subscription.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Showmax support is 1000% useless as they simply sit behind a computer using a online troubleshoot guide.

Step one: uninstall Showmax app
Step two: open your internet browser and visit
https://m.apkpure.com/showmax-watch-tv-shows-and-movies/com.showmax.app/versions

Step three: download a previous version of Showmax and it should work.

I have personally seen that many Android TV devices that use to work with Showmax and DSTV now are having issues. DSTV is trying to block users from using the apps and call the devices unsupported.

Many people use friends / family's Showmax & DSTV login details to bypass the subscription.

DSTV do not care about that at all, you are allowed to use someone else's account.

Kevin1971

Having the same issue with Showmax. Can watch trailers but no shows. Using Mibox.
As for support, it took them 11 days to come back to me with “Please try rebooting your device”
If another “support” tells me to reboot my device I think I am going to lose my shirt!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Having the same issue with Showmax. Can watch trailers but no shows. Using Mibox.
As for support, it took them 11 days to come back to me with “Please try rebooting your device”
If another “support” tells me to reboot my device I think I am going to lose my shirt!

You will be minus a shirt, to no good gain :)