• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Never heard a christian testimony like this before

JCSM

Pathetic loser found a new crutch...
Quite an intelligent guy (one of them critical thinker types) with a successful tattoo business. At one stage he made a study of various religions and their books to make comparisons. Also studied in some science field iirc.(got scholarships at 2 or 3 universities). Can back everything up with evidence.

So Im not convinced "pathetic loser" is a fair kickoff opinion of an individual whom you know nothing of yet when all you did was view an image of a guy, at least. Quite presumptuous of you I think.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Quite an intelligent guy (one of them critical thinker types) with a successful tattoo business. At one stage he made a study of various religions and their books to make comparisons. Also studied in some science field iirc.(got scholarships at 2 or 3 universities). Can back everything up with evidence.

So Im not convinced "pathetic loser" is a fair kickoff opinion of an individual whom you know nothing of yet when all you did was view an image of a guy, at least. Quite presumptuous of you I think.
Oh boy, where to begin...?

I did listen to the first 30 seconds and got enough info to form my view. He is just another one of millions with the same old schtick..

Studying and comparing religions is not a unique accomplishment that turns someone into an academic all of a sudden. If you're impressed by that, you should re-evaluate your view of people.

I am also "one of them critical thinker types" as you so eloquently put it...my comments here should attest to that quite clearly. So what??

I am not sure what you base your "Quite an intelligent guy" comments on. Do you have an IQ test result on file for this guy? And if he is so successfull, why is he making this video in what looks like a crack house?

In summary: there's is nothing worse and more irritating than these ex convicts, ex druggies, ex satanists, than when they find religion...as a last desperate attempt to make sense of their lives.

These stories and these people are boring as fuk.

Cray

Honorary Master
It's an oxymoron maybe...? But not in the exact sense.

Maybe just leave the "oxy" part out in this case?
Yeah, seems like the whole Christian thing that says "You aren't an atheist, you are just against God" - would have been far more willing to listen to him if he didn't merge two totally different viewpoints.

C4Cat

Executive Member
In summary: there's is nothing worse and more irritating than these ex convicts, ex druggies, ex satanists, than when they find religion...as a last desperate attempt to make sense of their lives.
Hmmm... You need to get out more, I can think of many many things worse than an ex drug addict... Current addict, murderer, rapist, politicians, for example, just off the top of my head.

Nick333

Honorary Master
These stories and these people are boring as fuk.
To you maybe, but the the "lost sheep" narrative holds a lot of currency with Christians for some reason. The Prodigal Son got the most love at the end of the day. I've noticed these attempts to be the lostest of lost sheep by some Christians since I was a teenager. It's an attention getting strategy and it works because Christians eat it up. These guys achieve minor rock star status when they convert. It's Christian cool.

Also, of course, it's a great example for Christians to hold up to atheists and say look, this guy was just like you and now he's just like me.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Hmmm... You need to get out more, I can think of many many things worse than an ex drug addict... Current addict, murderer, rapist, politicians, for example, just off the top of my head.
Not sure what your point is ?

PsyWulf

Executive Member
To you maybe, but the the "lost sheep" narrative holds a lot of currency with Christians for some reason. The Prodigal Son got the most love at the end of the day. I've noticed these attempts to be the lostest of lost sheep by some Christians since I was a teenager. It's an attention getting strategy and it works because Christians eat it up. These guys achieve minor rock star status when they convert. It's Christian cool.

Also, of course, it's a great example for Christians to hold up to atheists and say look, this guy was just like you and now he's just like me.
Veeery sweeping statement there chief. But do continue

C4Cat

Executive Member
Not sure what your point is ?
You said "there is nothing worse and more irritating than these ex convicts, ex druggies, ex satanists,"
I was just pointing out there are many many things worse than ex druggies. Infinite number of things worse than ex-druggies.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You said "there is nothing worse and more irritating than these ex convicts, ex druggies, ex satanists,"
I was just pointing out there are many many things worse than ex druggies. Infinite number of things worse than ex-druggies.
Oh OK...it's a hair splitting, stating the obvious issue. My bad....

C4Cat

Executive Member
Oh OK...it's a hair splitting, stating the obvious issue. My bad....
It's a slow day... nothing to do but split hairs. Somebody better find something interesting to talk about, even I get tired of splitting hairs eventually... :unsure::sleep: