Never heard a christian testimony like this before

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Extremely good liar... Got through about 30 or 40 seconds... When he started talking about being "lost", I knew this was just another Christian propaganda video, trying to brainwash the already brain dead...
I
ye... have to wonder about someone who has never heard this crap before. I'm constantly hearing stuff like this.

JCSM

It only takes the first 30 seconds for people to make sweeping statements about someone it seems and to understand the individual and/or make a judgement
@MightyQuin
@Trompie67
@Anti-Chris

It was my intention to give a more detailed reply but Im worried that you guys will only read the first line of my post and then take me to the cleaners.

Nick333

Honorary Master
You said "there is nothing worse and more irritating than these ex convicts, ex druggies, ex satanists,"
I was just pointing out there are many many things worse than ex druggies. Infinite number of things worse than ex-druggies.
It's called hyperbole - exaggeration for effect. It's an acceptable figure of speech. Not understanding that or pretending not to, does not make you look smart.

C4Cat

Executive Member
It's called hyperbole - exaggeration for effect. It's an acceptable figure of speech. Not understanding that or pretending not to, does not make you look smart.
Responding to me with such seriousness over something trivial I said, and pretending you think I've never heard of hyperbole, does not make you look smart. It was a slow day...

Park@82

Honorary Master
J Bret Prince. Listened to it quite some time ago. Touching story. I believe him.
Btw he never titled it as ex atheist-Satanist. He just called it I'm a Christian.

I subscribed to his channel (not the one in the OP) to see of he would post more & to see if this would turn into a money making mashine (being sceptical like most), he posted again about 1 year later to say that he is still a Christian and that it wasn't just a fad... He now posts apologetics stuff as well as some weird videos on and off.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Story Time: X-Atheist-Satanist
Yes, hence I said he could have been a philosophical satanist, i.e. atheist-satanist. If you're still struggling with this : not all satanists believe in a literal Satan or any other supernatural beings.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Yes, hence I said he could have been a philosophical satanist, i.e. atheist-satanist. If you're still struggling with this : not all satanists believe in a literal Satan or any other supernatural beings.
I would imagine this goes for most of 'em. In fact, I can't recall ever meeting anyone (outside of teenage idiocy back in the day), who ever professed a belief in Satan for the purposes of worship.

daveza

Honorary Master
Indeed , as far as I know no true satanist believes in satan. They do not believe in any higher power.

smkungfu

Indeed , as far as I know no true satanist believes in satan. They do not believe in any higher power.
No, true satanist's believe in Lucifer. So I would imagine they pray to him. Reactive satanism is rebelling against Christian society. They don't believe in any higher power, just practicing the "religion" to pi$$ off their parents.

JCSM

From a Christianity perspective you are either a Christian or a Satanist regardless if you are practicing Satanism or not, or if you are some form of Atheist or Muslim etc.
For the Bible says if you are not for Him you are against Him. By definition that makes you a Satanist in Biblical terms.
And the eternal fight is between God and Satan. "You have the devil as your father".
The world view however would obviously be completely different and rightly so.

EADC

Expert Member
From a Christianity perspective you are either a Christian or a Satanist regardless if you are practicing Satanism or not, or if you are some form of Atheist or Muslim etc.
For the Bible says if you are not for Him you are against Him. By definition that makes you a Satanist in Biblical terms.
And the eternal fight is between God and Satan. "You have the devil as your father".
The world view however would obviously be completely different and rightly so.
IMG_4155.JPG

Cray

Honorary Master
No wonder Bush's war rhetoric went down so well...:X3:

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
I was on both sides for many years, respectively. Angels, demons, god, satan, heaven, hell.....it doesn't exist. None of it. It is all in your head.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
His testimony leads more heavily towards satanism, more so than atheism. He's more confused but I don't think dishonest. When it comes to religion, people really do believe their own crap.

What the hell is "scientism"?

saor

Honorary Master
That is just so dumb. So neutral does not exist ?
The bible doesn't really teach that there's three ways to be:

A person who loves Jesus.
A person who doesn't.
A person who loves Satan.

They just get grouped like this:

A person who loves Jesus.
A person who doesn't + A person who loves Satan.

Because it would seem the latter group all end up in hell by virtue of not loving or believing in Christ.

There's no 'neutral outcome' in which a regular dude who led a good life could just be made to cease to exist once they die - the punishment for not accepting Christ is hell, regardless of the kind of life you lived. There's probably some interpretation where hell could be construed as 'non-existence', rather than a place of suffering - but my understanding is the bible indicates hell to be a place of suffering, not just non-existence. Even if being in the absence of Christ = such suffering, one would presumably still need some kind of existence from which to experience such suffering, thus all exist in either heaven or hell.