New 007: James Bond's swansong in the next bond movie...to be replaced as 007 by....

eg2505

Honorary Master
just like "new" ghost-busters, all woman team,

Seems Hollywood needs a lesson as to why you done mess with an established formula.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
oh well that is the last straw. I had vague hopes I might be able to resume watching Bond after Daniel Craig got the f---ck out of the way (he is absolutely DREADFUL!) but this is the last f-cking straw.

I absolutely HATE when they f-ck around with the characters. Ghostbusters with women - NO! Oceans 11 remake with women - NO!!! Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with women - NO!!!!

NONE of these remakes are better for being replaced by women. Write GOOD NEW movies for women!!! Thank you!!!

I have no objection to a female spy movie, or action movie other than the fact that a. no-one can write a decent action movie with a female lead and b. women are just generally unbelievable and shiet in these roles. I do have a huge objection with producers messing up beloved favourites by shoehorning a women into the role because they can't write a decent movie with women and think that shoving a woman into a successful male movie will work instead.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
just like "new" ghost-busters, all woman team,

Seems Hollywood needs a lesson as to why you done mess with an established formula.
At least they only picked one of the 27 genders, and the person does not have an impediment or terminal disease to boot.

Edit: Just had a look at the pic in the article? That Castrate Semenya?

eg2505

Honorary Master
At least they only picked one of the 27 genders, and the person does not have an impediment or terminal disease to boot.

Edit: Just had a look at the pic in the article? That Castrate Semenya?

seems the #metoo movement has gotten to bond,
what next? maybe the plot will involve her trying to pin down, the terrorist stealing MI6 paperclips.

konfab

Honorary Master
I don't have a problem with this, they just have to be realistic and consistent with history.

Female spies are a reality and are good at their jobs because of one thing. It is because they can get into the pants of the people who they are meant to spy on. I don't really know how popular that would actually be with the modern snowflake audience.
The other thing they should be realistic with is the reality of what would happen to a female spy if they were caught by the enemy. If James Bond had to endure having his nuts crushed with a knotted rope, the female equivalent should also be on the table. But we all know the bad guys will not be that bad.

Also, they could have just given her another codename and just operate in the same organisation. Heck, it would have been cool to have a cameo and see office banter between her and James Bond. BTW, this does work :ROFL:

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
I don't have a problem with this, they just have to be realistic and consistent with history.

Female spies are a reality and are good at their jobs because of one thing. It is because they can get into the pants of the people who they are meant to spy on. I don't really know how popular that would actually be with the modern snowflake audience.
The other thing they should be realistic with is the reality of what would happen to a female spy if they were caught by the enemy. If James Bond had to endure having his nuts crushed with a knotted rope, the female equivalent should also be on the table. But we all know the bad guys will not be that bad.

Also, they could have just given her another codename and just operate in the same organisation. Heck, it would have been cool to have a cameo and see office banter between her and James Bond. BTW, this does work :ROFL:

So write a SEPARATE movie!!!

Vegeta

Executive Member
No problem with this it might have been cool with cameos from 007. Another code could also work maybe, 17?

Or are all spies in that organisation 007?

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Meh, don't expect much out of the Bond movies now anyway . Haven't enjoyed any of the Bond movies since Sean Connery left.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Well to be honest, we have Lesbatron 1000 in the new Terminator movie.

Not like we didnt have awesome female leads:

Capture.JPG

supersunbird

Honorary Master
No problem with this it might have been cool with cameos from 007. Another code could also work maybe, 17?

Or are all spies in that organisation 007?

There are other 00 agent's (so 9 on total?), from the top of my head Sean Bean played 006 in Goldeneye, and some of the other movies some or other 00 agent might sometimes be killed in the beginning of the movie.