New 007: James Bond's swansong in the next bond movie...to be replaced as 007 by....

konfab

Honorary Master
Yes, because one thing James Bond has always been, is realistic :unsure::rolleyes:
So we will have bad guys that will threaten world security enough for 007 to be involved, but not that bad.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
No problem with this it might have been cool with cameos from 007. Another code could also work maybe, 17?

Or are all spies in that organisation 007?

00 is the designation for 'license to kill' 7 is Bond's personal I.D. code, but technically also the 7th person to receive the '000' code.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
So my guess is that James Bond (Daniel Craig) will be the main character in the next Bond movie and during the movie they will introduce us to the new 007 and try to sell the idea to the current Bond fans. Show her being kick-ass and maybe even have her best Bond himself. An advantage they didn't have with the female Ghostbusters movie.

But in the end when the next movie comes up with her in the lead as 007 they will not dub it a James Bond movie. It will be a 007 movie. So in a way it will be a new separate line of movies...with Bond retired and all. (Similar to Luke Skywalker being retired as a Force ghost, lol).

The new 007 movies will most likely deal with her fighting KKK, bigots and Trump fans. She will be based in everyone's favorite African technological powerhouse of a city, Wakanda. Instead of a Martini Shaken, not stirred she will ask for a glass of natural mineral water.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
So we will have bad guys that will threaten world security enough for 007 to be involved, but not that bad.
I just think your opinion on what a 'realistic' female spy does and how she should be portrayed is funny as most female spies don't fit your imaginary stereotype (as far as I can tell).

eg2505

Honorary Master
Stopped watching Bond movies ages ago.

after Sean Connery, guess everybody else was a letdown.
so I guess after Daniel Craig nobody liked Bond? not even the studio and directors.

so now they trying to move with the times and get a Woman to play 007?
is that how much Daniel was a P****, hes being replaced with a Woman?

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Batman is an interesting character. Superman isn't. Guess who has the better movies?
Yeah, but casting Superman as Batman is stupid. Ian Flemming had a certain character in mind with 007. Don’t change the character, write a new book/script. Don’t screw with the original if you don’t like it, or it does not conform to modern values. Some still like the original.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Yeah, but casting Superman as Batman is stupid. Ian Flemming had a certain character in mind with 007. Don’t change the character, write a new book/script. Don’t screw with the original if you don’t like it, or it does not conform to modern values. Some still like the original.

Very true. There is a rich history of Bond. Fleming was very clear on this (almost stereotypical?) womanizing gentleman who saved the world every weekend.. A lot of Bond was actually based on Fleming's life himself. 26 Bond movies to date!! And in all of them his character remained the same throughout with some minor changes from time to time but mostly the same person. This is what fans expect from Bond and what we love about the franchise. And if you don't like it...just don't watch it. Watch The housewife's of Beverly Hills or watch some artsie-fartsy movie. Your choice.

But now they are killing off the Bond franchise as we know it. And as a massive Bond fan I am not sure whether I should cry or rejoice. Same feelings I had just before the new Star Wars trilogy.

Rather kill off Bond than turn him into a politically correct libtard clone.

cerebus

Honorary Master

I don't care what they do because I stopped caring about Bond movies. If it makes for a better movie I'm happy. I think this casting will turn out to be a disaster though because it's so far afield of what makes Bond Bond.

eg2505

Honorary Master
what would happen, if just like Blade runner 2049, they brought Sean Connery back,
and he passes the torch onward to a chick?

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Very true. There is a rich history of Bond. Fleming was very clear on this (almost stereotypical?) womanizing gentleman who saved the world every weekend.. A lot of Bond was actually based on Fleming's life himself. 26 Bond movies to date!! And in all of them his character remained the same throughout with some minor changes from time to time but mostly the same person. This is what fans expect from Bond and what we love about the franchise. And if you don't like it...just don't watch it. Watch The housewife's of Beverly Hills or watch some artsie-fartsy movie. Your choice.

But now they are killing off the Bond franchise as we know it. And as a massive Bond fan I am not sure whether I should cry or rejoice. Same feelings I had just before the new Star Wars trilogy.

Rather kill off Bond than turn him into a politically correct libtard clone.

I don't agree with your last sentence in the slightest but the rest - absolutely.

Actually they would be doing themselves and the franchise a massive favour if they went back to the source material and 'rediscovered' Bond as Fleming wrote him.

He was a womaniser - in part because that was the job but also because the love of his life was murdered and died in his arms while they were on their honeymoon. He was damaged goods as far as women were concerned. He was never going to love another women like he loved her.

theratman

Honorary Master

Hamster

Resident Rodent
First we'll say that this won't work, and we'll be called sexist.

Then it will fail and we'll be called misogynistic racists...

konfab

Honorary Master
I just think your opinion on what a 'realistic' female spy does and how she should be portrayed is funny as most female spies don't fit your imaginary stereotype (as far as I can tell).
It isn't what she does that really matters.

It is what is realistic about what would happen to a woman who is captured by the enemy.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
after Sean Connery, guess everybody else was a letdown.
so I guess after Daniel Craig nobody liked Bond? not even the studio and directors.

so now they trying to move with the times and get a Woman to play 007?
is that how much Daniel was a P****, hes being replaced with a Woman?

Yes. I myself did not watch any of the Daniel movies.

But where we disagree is after Sean Connery. My all time fav is Golden eye. Heck it also had Famke Janssen as a badass villain.
"So the woman has to be the bad one"
I never said that, we had Halle Berry as the MI6 agent in Die another day