New 007: James Bond's swansong in the next bond movie...to be replaced as 007 by....

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Also we had awesome women singing the intro songs excluding the Adele ****.
Is Justin Bieber going to sing the intro song in this movie?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Just like Captain Marvel....
Don't think you can compare it to Captain Marvel (I don't know if it failed or not?) since that is a new character. James Bond is a guy, has been a guy for 50 years and not really the type of character/story that appeals to the younger generation.

If it works it works and we'll be in for a great movie, but if I was a betting man I'd go with "final nail in the coffin of a dying franchise".

eg2505

Honorary Master
Also we had awesome women singing the intro songs excluding the Adele ****.
Is Justin Bieber going to sing the intro song in this movie?

why do you torture us with that?
Justin Bieber singing the intro? sets the tone for the rest of the movie.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
They are trying to get new people to watch bond movies.
the majority of people who still watch Bond are people who grew up with it and loved it.
Even if the new film is bad they will still watch it.

What they are doing now is alienating their loyal audience in hopes of gaining a new, larger one.

What they don't get is that a new audience do not watch bond, because they simply don't like the formula.
Getting a SJW character is not gong to compel them to watch Bond all of a sudden.

They are Old Yellering Bond right here.
One shot in the back of the head.

Say goodbye now. There won't be sequels after a female bond destroyed it.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Justin Bieber singing the intro?.
Now that's girl power!

But on a serious note let's wait for the movie to come out, who knows it might be great. How will we know unless we see it.

The bond movies have been really really crap for a long time, any change is better at this stage. A female can't destroy a franchise that's already sh! t

daveza

Honorary Master
The last Bond film will be the only one I never rewatch.

As for Bond being female .... get real.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Yeah, but casting Superman as Batman is stupid. Ian Flemming had a certain character in mind with 007. Don’t change the character, write a new book/script. Don’t screw with the original if you don’t like it, or it does not conform to modern values. Some still like the original.

Very true. There is a rich history of Bond. Fleming was very clear on this (almost stereotypical?) womanizing gentleman who saved the world every weekend.. A lot of Bond was actually based on Fleming's life himself. 26 Bond movies to date!! And in all of them his character remained the same throughout with some minor changes from time to time but mostly the same person. This is what fans expect from Bond and what we love about the franchise. And if you don't like it...just don't watch it. Watch The housewife's of Beverly Hills or watch some artsie-fartsy movie. Your choice.

But now they are killing off the Bond franchise as we know it. And as a massive Bond fan I am not sure whether I should cry or rejoice. Same feelings I had just before the new Star Wars trilogy.

Rather kill off Bond than turn him into a politically correct libtard clone.

Quite ironic since Bond has changed so many times already. Hell, the very first movie Bond was different to the Fleming Bond. And the first adaptation wasn't even a movie, it was a TV series that made Bond an American.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/opinion-the-evolving-bond?id=03912
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ce...d-films-too-soft-says-Flemings-successor.html

John Tempus

Executive Member
Remind all us idiotic men why women are so pathetic not to create their own iconic movies, be it romcoms or action flicks. I can answer this easily, women want to succeed now that it is PC and they quite literally ride the coat tails of the men before them to have an easy pass based on the history of the franchise they effectively infiltrate and destroy. Thank fk that Ghostbusters is being remade so we can forget about the pile of dung of yesteryear.

Every single female lead is a take over of a long standing male based movie genre.

If Sly Stallone want to make it much longer in Hollywood he would have to cast the next Rambo as some black transvestite female but really male however dress like a unicorn actor.

Name one single previous male-based movie that got remade in the spirit of a recast female lead that did not suck ass, please change my mind in case I have short term memory loss.

John Tempus

Executive Member
They are trying to get new people to watch bond movies.
the majority of people who still watch Bond are people who grew up with it and loved it.
Even if the new film is bad they will still watch it.

What they are doing now is alienating their loyal audience in hopes of gaining a new, larger one.

What they don't get is that a new audience do not watch bond, because they simply don't like the formula.
Getting a SJW character is not gong to compel them to watch Bond all of a sudden.

They are Old Yellering Bond right here.
One shot in the back of the head.

Say goodbye now. There won't be sequels after a female bond destroyed it.

Movie stats show that men overwhelming watch more movies than women in solo capacity. Women are more likely to go watch movies with their husbands/boyfriends if they do tend to go. The other smaller minority go watch solo compared to men.

So if you are really going to aim at opening up a movie like James Bond to a new demographic, I assume you mean female ? then having a male as lead cast makes WAY more sense than some PC not-even-good-looking-black female lead to take over from a male franchise.

At the very least they could have put in some effort and get an actual good looking PC actress. gaaaah.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
So why aren't they just making a separate franchise?

Oh yeah... they want to piss on people and then because of all the talk about the film, profit from it.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Movie stats show that men overwhelming watch more movies than women in solo capacity. Women are more likely to go watch movies with their husbands/boyfriends if they do tend to go. The other smaller minority go watch solo compared to men.
What movie stats are these. According to the stats I've seen, more women than men go to movies (being solo or not is irrelevant) and it's mostly a younger age group (millenials and generation z) - none of whom give a **** about James bond of old and sticking to the 1960s formula.

Nick333

Honorary Master
So why aren't they just making a separate franchise?

Oh yeah... they want to piss on people and then because of all the talk about the film, profit from it.
One thing we do know is that studios do not care about diversity - they don't even care about making good movies - so the only explanation is that they want the free publicity that pissing off Bond fans will get them.

Anyway, seems like the equality /SJW movement is all about appropriating rather than creating, and that's hardly surprising. As much as they hate white, males, they want to be everything white, males are.

John Tempus

Executive Member
What movie stats are these. According to the stats I've seen, more women than men go to movies (being solo or not is irrelevant) and it's mostly a younger age group (millenials and generation z) - none of whom give a **** about James bond of old and sticking to the 1960s formula.

https://womenandhollywood.com/mpaa-report-2018-women-represent-51-of-moviegoers-47-of-ticket-buyers/

Cause I can read the actual numbers as to who pays for it.

51% are women yet , 47% of tickets are paid for by women, I wonder who might be paying 53% of the ticket sales ? Probably the third genders, cannot be men.

Can you do the math or should I ? It means that 53% of tickets are paid for by men.

These numbers are even worse considering there are more women in the world than men. Afaik it already surpassed 51% female vs 49% men globally which means that statistically for the amount of men in the world its even more pathetic that women dont spend more than men on movies out of their own pockets.

Do you think the 51% of women would have gone if men didnt buy the tickets ? The irony is that its because women go with their husbands/boyfriends and the then guy pays for the tickets that the stats are slightly scewed towards women or a guy goes with 2 women and pays for them.

Cray

Honorary Master
Name one single previous male-based movie that got remade in the spirit of a recast female lead that did not suck ass, please change my mind in case I have short term memory loss.

How often has this happened recently...? I can think of Oceans 8 (imdb 6.2) and Ghostbusters (imdb 5.2)?