New 007: James Bond's swansong in the next bond movie...to be replaced as 007 by....

John Tempus

Expert Member
Just one of many articles about this, easy to find on google but from the following list the movies I actually lived through.

https://www.thewrap.com/movie-remakes-gender-swapped-leads-his-girl-friday-oceans/

The Next Karate Kid - WTF, this was so bad.
American Psycho II - LMAO , talk about a trip down **** street.
Ghostbusters 2016 - well, what can I say.
Oceans 8 - watch with a bag nearby.
The Hustle , remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - You be the judge.

Honourable mentions that didnt happen, yet.

Lord of the Flies all girl reboot , lol.

Its not a matter of recasting/remaking a previous male movie that piss me off so much. It is that it always utterly suck and that is too be expected because original movies were written with male actors in mind which have an entirely different presence on screen and that combination made the originals good movies.

As I noted, is it really not more empowering if you target on producing a new franchise for women by women than to try and constantly jump on the previous male success story and claim it as your own. Is this not a sign of weakness by women if they keep on trying this over and over ?

It reminds me of BBBEE in SA, easier way into the workforce but aside from having an easy pass into a job what do these employees actually gain from it other than the job and money. If I were in that position I would not get a sense of accomplishment if I were to get a job in this way and at the same time women just being replaced in a male successful franchise should have the same effect on sensible women.

Last edited:

C4Cat

Honorary Master
https://womenandhollywood.com/mpaa-report-2018-women-represent-51-of-moviegoers-47-of-ticket-buyers/

Cause I can read the actual numbers as to who pays for it.

51% are women yet , 47% of tickets are paid for by women, I wonder who might be paying 53% of the ticket sales ? Probably the third genders, cannot be men.

Can you do the math or should I ? It means that 53% of tickets are paid for by men.

These numbers are even worse considering there are more women in the world than men. Afaik it already surpassed 51% female vs 49% men globally which means that statistically for the amount of men in the world its even more pathetic that women dont spend more than men on movies out of their own pockets.

Do you think the 51% of women would have gone if men didnt buy the tickets ? The irony is that its because women go with their husbands/boyfriends and the then guy pays for the tickets that the stats are slightly scewed towards women or a guy goes with 2 women and pays for them.
WTF difference does it make who pays for the tickets? It's probably parents buying tickets given that "U.S. female filmgoers ages 15 to 24 account for 2 million admissions a week, compared with 1.7 million for their male counterparts, according to a study"

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Actually Captain Marvel as been both male and female in the Comics, but was referring more to the supposed "anit-SJW backlash" that many where predicting that seems to be a continuing theme on this thread.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...what-you-didnt-like-in-the-last-jedi.1007104/

The version portrayed in the film - Carol Danvers - has always been a woman, going back to the 60s. It was Mar-Vell that got the gender swap in the movie.

As for the movie itself, nobody was complaining until Brie Larson ventured in to the political playground. The backlash was in response to what was perceived as her being anti-white male. Again, nobody was going to complain about a female character being played by a woman. The same reason why nobody is complaining about the upcoming Black Widow standalone film. Its a female character being played by a woman and fans are going to flock to see it.

Last edited:

John Tempus

Expert Member
WTF difference does it make who pays for the tickets? It's probably parents buying tickets given that "U.S. female filmgoers ages 15 to 24 account for 2 million admissions a week, compared with 1.7 million for their male counterparts, according to a study"

Really ? you make me laugh.

If the majority of people paying is men, then it kind of matters because guess what cupcake the money made by the industry is funded by men.

Is it really impossible for you to understand that the demographic then is men if the stats show that MEN are paying so if movies turn to turds fewer men will be willing to pay for turds and fewer tickets will be solved cause they are turds.

Again my point is if movies turn to turds that means men will be less inclined to take their family which consists of more women than men on average in developed world ie. USA is close to 52% female which means there is in every circle of moviegoers more female than men and thus if MEN are paying statistically 53% of movie tickets then its either date night related + family night related where the boyfriend or dad is paying for the family tickets.

Cray

Honorary Master
The version portrayed in the film - Carol Danvers - has always been a woman, going back to the 60s. It was Mar-Vell that got the gender swap in the movie.

As for the movie itself, nobody was complaining until Brie Larson ventured in to the political playground. The backlash was in response to what was perceived as her being anti-white male. Again, nobody was going to complain about a female character being played by a woman. The same reason why nobody is complaining about the upcoming Black Widow standalone film. Its a female character being played by a woman and fans are going to flock to see it.

I still remember people getting upset when the Starbuck character from the original BSG was recast as a female for the reboot- that turned out pretty damn well in my opinion (although Dirk Benedict disagrees)

https://thefword.org.uk/2009/01/dirk_benedict_p/

If this turns out to be terrible then by all means criticize but to say that it is guaranteed to fail just because the original character was written as a male and can never be re-imagined....

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I still remember people getting upset when the Starbuck character from the original BSG was recast as a female for the reboot- that turned out pretty damn well in my opinion (although Dirk Benedict disagrees)

https://thefword.org.uk/2009/01/dirk_benedict_p/

If this turns out to be terrible then by all means criticize but to say that it is guaranteed to fail just because the original character was written as a male and can never be re-imagined....

There is always going to be some backlash when a character is re-imagined. Change the gender, race or both of an established character and you'll have people objecting. Dr. Who experienced the same when the character was re-imagined as a woman. ''Its just not the way it is supposed to be''.

However, this is very different to the Marvel situation. Everybody expected a woman because the character is a woman, so that was going to go down fine. Brie Larson had/has every right to speak her mind, but had she not got political, the negativity around the film would've been greatly reduced. It was a personal vendetta against Brie that manifested as negativity toward the film.

Last edited:

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Really ? you make me laugh.

If the majority of people paying is men, then it kind of matters because guess what cupcake the money made by the industry is funded by men.

Is it really impossible for you to understand that the demographic then is men if the stats show that MEN are paying so if movies turn to turds fewer men will be willing to pay for turds and fewer tickets will be solved cause they are turds.

Again my point is if movies turn to turds that means men will be less inclined to take their family which consists of more women than men on average in developed world ie. USA is close to 52% female which means there is in every circle of moviegoers more female than men and thus if MEN are paying statistically 53% of movie tickets then its either date night related + family night related where the boyfriend or dad is paying for the family tickets.
The men aren't watching the movies, the women are. And if more movies appeal to women, then more women will continue going. The parents/boyfriends/husbands don't give a **** about what the movie is when the girls have a night out. You make me laugh if you think that men police what the women in their lives go to watch.

Eric

Honorary Master
Not a very British sounding name.
Sweet Brown would make an epic Bond...
How would you like your Martini mam, shaken or stirred?

AIN' NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT! JUS GIMME A COLD POP!

Temujin

Honorary Master
I don't understand why hollywood can't make new stories for their vitrue signalling pc bullshit... why keep having to remake and destroy existing franchises... where are all the 'woke' creatives making their own heros/stories/franchises? Why the constant 'hand-me-down' remakes, xyz is now lgbtqxyz, xyz is now poc, xyz is now wamanz... you telling me not one 'woke' person on the planet is able to create a new character and story?

Nick333

Honorary Master
I don't understand why hollywood can't make new stories for their vitrue signalling pc bullshit... why keep having to remake and destroy existing franchises... where are all the 'woke' creatives making their own heros/stories/franchises? Why the constant 'hand-me-down' remakes, xyz is now lgbtqxyz, xyz is now poc, xyz is now wamanz... you telling me not one 'woke' person on the planet is able to create a new character and story?
I pretty much explained how in my last post. It costs the studios nothing, and the SJWs are to retarded to see that sticking a woman, black woman, or black, female, down syndrome, midget, in a role originally written for a white, male is not an achievement or something to be proud of. It's literally the cheapest, easiest thing to do.

ponder

Honorary Master
Is her name going to be James? Will Fabio be the 'bond guy'?

Ian Flemming must be turning in his grave.

theratman

Honorary Master
Is her name going to be James? Will Fabio be the 'bond guy'?

Ian Flemming must be turning in his grave.
From what I understand she'll be playing an agent designated 007, while Daniel Craig will still be James Bond for the film. Which is why I'm so suprised at this "outrage".

ponder

Honorary Master
From what I understand she'll be playing an agent designated 007, while Daniel Craig will still be James Bond for the film. Which is why I'm so suprised at this "outrage".

Craig is leaving, so if she takes over in future movies how the hell is it a bond movie if she's not james bond.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Which is why I'm so suprised at this "outrage".
People get outraged about the most stupid, trivial things; it's especially evident in the older snowflake generation, men who resent any encroachment on their traditional privilege. So the 007 franchise will now focus on an agent who is a black women. The horror, the horror, oh the outrage :rolleyes: