New all day Unlimited 4G R479

JayMaster

oh crap. getting a Error Code H7111-5059 on Netflix. they pick up I'm using windscribe
HELP

shearder

last week or 2 was getting around 4mbs which is ok because this is just a backu while we use the normal connection for work etc. BUT last 2 days running 20kbs - logged a call and response is we'll get to you in a couple of days hahaha

I just cancelled the SIM this morning. It was just a sim non peak for R250 a month so no biggie.

Pity they can't maintain their speeds

MEG101

I have installed a 4G Unlimited Sim at my parents house that they are sharing with family on Saturday and speedtest give 10mbps down and 10 mbps up. There are 10 people in the house sharing this connection - streaming Netlix, Youtube etc and everything up and running well. So far so good, every one is happy - fingers crossed it stays that way.

d7e7r7

Executive Member
I have installed a 4G Unlimited Sim at my parents house that they are sharing with family on Saturday and speedtest give 10mbps down and 10 mbps up. There are 10 people in the house sharing this connection - streaming Netlix, Youtube etc and everything up and running well. So far so good, every one is happy - fingers crossed it stays that way.
Streaming at 360p or 1080p Full HD?

MEG101

Streaming at 360p or 1080p Full HD?
For what I can see, Netflix, Youtube and Dstv Now quality looks like HD (720p), I hardly see any buffering and Xbox updates and downloads are fast. Everyone is happy with the connection and use it mostly for streaming. When using VPN it jumps to 1080p Full HD - without it 720p. Usage currently stands at 475GB - will see how it performs for the month of June. So far so good, it is better than Telkom in my area. I hit 50mbps+ at the same location with the Unlimited Off Peak (R250) package.

Kiemo

For what I can see, Netflix, Youtube and Dstv Now quality looks like HD (720p), I hardly see any buffering and Xbox updates and downloads are fast. Everyone is happy with the connection and use it mostly for streaming. When using VPN it jumps to 1080p Full HD - without it 720p. Usage currently stands at 475GB - will see how it performs for the month of June. So far so good, it is better than Telkom in my area. I hit 50mbps+ at the same location with the Unlimited Off Peak (R250) package.
What vpn you using ?

d7e7r7

Executive Member
That's quite limiting hey, from 50mbps to 10mbps...

Genisys

Honorary Master
Wonder why Rain isn't throttling VPN connections yet, seems like people are using VPN's to get past their network restrictions

Crumbl0x

Wonder why Rain isn't throttling VPN connections yet, seems like people are using VPN's to get past their network restrictions
because that would encompass its legitimate purpose use and would garner backlash, and as explained earlier in another thread here, it would entail blanket banning / constricting to a degree. Given that rain also doesn't throttle ddl, it's most likely not the biggest worry at the moment.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I don't think it's worth getting the 24/7 package unless they start nerfing the R250 package. Even when speeds are under 5mb I'm able to stream Full HD YouTube with no buffering.

Crumbl0x

I don't think it's worth getting the 24/7 package unless they start nerfing the R250 package. Even when speeds are under 5mb I'm able to stream Full HD YouTube with no buffering.
yea apart from the 4-5mbps nerf on YouTube which is plenty enough for HD YouTube, I agree, plus for me it seems to be more resilient.

haroldj

yes they finally got back to me speeds went from 0.7mbps to a blazing speed of around 2mbps now
The speed did not improve, they blamed it on tower congestion and promised me a refund, nothing came of it, I have since cancelled my sim card and reverted back to adsl which seems more reliable and Telkom has also changed its stance on existing copper line maintenance