New Apple MacBook Air and Mac Mini - South African pricing

3WA

Executive Member
Iyooooooo!!! R29k for the i5. I'll start saving eBucks.

Charl456

I though this is new. It has 8th Gen cpu inside. In the next few months we will be getting 10th Gen

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
Prices aren't bad considering the current exchange rate...

I just don't understand why they don't ship in 16gb models.
Likewise for Macbook Pro's with 32gb memory. *facepalm*

Jase

Executive Member
R29k for an i5 with a fan that's not connected to the CPU / GPU...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The Mac Mini makes no sense compared to the iMac for that pricing unless you already have a great mouse and keyboard and display.

As it stands it makes more sense to simply get an iMac and get all the above for “free”.

That being said the bloody iMac must come with standard SSD storage now for **** sakes.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Prices aren't bad considering the current exchange rate...

I just don't understand why they don't ship in 16gb models.
Likewise for Macbook Pro's with 32gb memory. *facepalm*
Special order as they’ve always been.

You order it and it takes a few weeks to get here.

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
Special order as they’ve always been.

You order it and it takes a few weeks to get here.
Yeah I've been to a branch before and spoke with the manager, got a quote for 16" model with 32gb memory.
It's just annoying to have to take that route and I've only discovered this about 2 months ago.

It won't hurt them to include a customised "built to order" on the website which just charges the premium anyways.

pstation

interestingly they haven't updated pricing on their old stock so with the exchange rate its cheaper to buy a MacBook in SA than it is in the US.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah I've been to a branch before and spoke with the manager, got a quote for 16" model with 32gb memory.
It's just annoying to have to take that route and I've only discovered this about 2 months ago.

It won't hurt them to include a customised "built to order" on the website which just charges the premium anyways.
Stop supporting iStore basically.

Corelli

Expert Member
The Mac mini pricing is a total ripoff comparative to getting an HP Mini with the same specs.

And to be honest, it's just running the Apple IOS. The rest is identically the same.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The Mac mini pricing is a total ripoff comparative to getting an HP Mini with the same specs.

And to be honest, it's just running the Apple IOS. The rest is identically the same.
HP Mini? Link please.

It also doesn’t run iOS but rather MacOS. Rather large difference.

I also very much doubt it’s the same sum of parts, but I do agree it isn’t very well priced as mentioned above.