New Apple MacBooks Pro and Air launched in South Africa

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Still don't know how in 2018/2019 you can call something "pro" and put a dual core CPU in it :unsure:

3Gee

Expert Member
Who in this day and age buys a laptop with 128GB of space

RaptorSA

Expert Member
I'm a first time Mac user that's forced to use the new 13" at my new data dev job after using proper windows laptops (Asus, Thinkpad, Dell etc.) for almost 20 years.
The screen is nice, but I wouldn't f***ing pay more than R1.5K for that machine, unless I can load something else on it.

I honestly don't know how people get serious work done on it, but no use complaining. I'm just going to have to get used to it. I sometimes feel like rage-crying though. Maybe I should go find a support group for people like myself.

neoprema

Expert Member
Still don't know how in 2018/2019 you can call something "pro" and put a dual core CPU in it :unsure:
Because with MacOS it will leave behind anything else running triple the CPU power :)
Can't wait to see what they gonna do with their own CPUs in 2020, leading the pack as always. (Haters gonna claim the intel is faster even when turned off of course...)

access

Executive Member
Because with MacOS it will leave behind anything else running triple the CPU power :)
Can't wait to see what they gonna do with their own CPUs in 2020, leading the pack as always. (Haters gonna claim the intel is faster even when turned off of course...)
amd taking the lead again for the next few years... learn to computer :D

daneza

I'm a first time Mac user that's forced to use the new 13" at my new data dev job after using proper windows laptops (Asus, Thinkpad, Dell etc.) for almost 20 years.
The screen is nice, but I wouldn't f***ing pay more than R1.5K for that machine, unless I can load something else on it.

I honestly don't know how people get serious work done on it, but no use complaining. I'm just going to have to get used to it. I sometimes feel like rage-crying though. Maybe I should go find a support group for people like myself.
I feel you.

Trying to multi-task was such a baastid for me. That forsaken magic mouse! And workmates kept asking me how they can get PDF's and Word docs edited. They thought I was some kind of magician, but I just had a cheeky W7 VM handy. :sneaky:

Glad that's in the past.