New Cell C fixed-LTE packages launched on Axxess – Pricing, details

cavedog

Honorary Master
The 200GB for R845 p/m is very good deal. RIP Cellc's already crippled network...

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Are these hardcapped or OOB packages?

Month to month or 12/24 month contract?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Are these hardcapped or OOB packages?

Month to month or 12/24 month contract?
https://www.axxess.co.za/mobile/cellc

Seems like it's month to month.

I see they also doing 1 month free on sim only deal and free B315 with the combo deal. Not bad deals but Cellc. I would suggest using a B618 or LTE-A router with Cellc because their normal LTE is not that great.

Very attractive deals though.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
https://www.axxess.co.za/mobile/cellc

Seems like it's month to month.

I see they also doing 1 month free on sim only deal and free B315 with the combo deal. Not bad deals but Cellc. I would suggest using a B618 or LTE-A router with Cellc because their normal LTE is not that great.

Very attractive deals though.
Yeah... They need to confirm whether these deals are hardcapped or not.

Not fun having a very active link going deep into OOB without you knowing it though.

Can't use CellC here (home) it is useless. 8ta rules.

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Axxess said the packages are available on a month-to-month basis, but terms and conditions do apply if a package with an LTE router is taken out. If the package is cancelled before a certain period, an amount will have to be paid in by the customer.

Top-ups are also available for the service, and start at R13 per GB. Top-ups expire 30 days after their purchase.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah... They need to confirm whether these deals are hardcapped or not.

Not fun having a very active link going deep into OOB without you knowing it though.

Can't use CellC here (home) it is useless. 8ta rules.
Since it's being sold without credit checks and via IS resellers I'm sure they will be hard capped like IS. Won't make sense for it to be open contracts as the resellers like Axxess will be at risk then. I'm sure these will run just like like Rain. Capped then topup.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Very good deals and topups are nice as well. I would take 50GB with B618.

cavedog

Honorary Master
T&C's can be found here
https://www.axxess.co.za/docs?tab=terms#tc-5 Scroll down to Cellc Fixed LTE

I the terms they do mention as expected the sims are not locked to devices so they will work in any LTE device and would assume 3G device too but not sure.

Cellc has LTE on Band 1 (2100MHz) and Band 3 (1800MHz) and LTE-A aggregates those 2 bands. ;)

So anyone with a B618 from Rain it will also work fine with Cellc LTE-A. In fact it will actually work with LTE-A where Rain does technically not do LTE-A on that router.

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Pricing is good, better than cellc own prices lol

Wonder if afrihost will sell this? As they technically the same company.

Last edited:

Sumen

Expert Member
Yep the pricing is good.
And I have coverage unlike Rain.
Heard bad things about cell's network, luckily it's month to month so easy to cancel if not satisfied.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Pricing is good, better than cellc own prices lol
Yes I don't understand.

Cellc Direct: 50GB @ R489 p/mx 24months open line contract sim only with OOB possible and 1GB topup @ R149
Axxess : 50GB @ R349 month to month sim only. No OOB and 1GB topup@ R13

I don't understand :erm:

dotcat

Wow - coverage is VERY limited! Only seems to be in major cities and a few others here and there.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Dear Axess! Please give me a free SIM 0GB p/m, I will topup myself R13/GB!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Dear Axess! Please give me a free SIM 0GB p/m, I will topup myself R13/GB!
+1

Wonder if this will fall back to 3G if there is no LTE coverage. The T&C's does mention you can use it in any device anywhere with they can not guarantee speeds or service if used outside of the coverage areas. If it works on 3G it can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing for people with no LTE coverage. Bad thing as mobile users will suffer greatly.

Last edited:

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Is this only for a limited time?, I want to drop RAIN and get this, but don't want to loose my RAIN double data promo if CellC's network is crap. Even though its going to be difficult to be worse at this stage.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is this only for a limited time?, I want to drop RAIN and get this, but don't want to loose my RAIN double data promo if CellC's network is crap. Even though its going to be difficult to be worse at this stage.
Well to be honest the sim only deal comes with the first month of activation free. So you could cancel if it's not working properly and upgrade to bigger package later or cancel and don't pay extra charges because you took the sim only deal.

The Cellc sim would work best in a B618 because of the LTE-A so I would suggest using it in a LTE-A device as normal LTE might leave you disappointed.

system32

Expert Member
The 200GB for R845 p/m is very good deal. RIP Cellc's already crippled network...
Not sure if you've used Cell-C data recently.
Certainly Cell-C had a problems a few years back - seems pretty good nowadays.
I have the 200G/365 SIM and I used it daily in JHB, Sandton, Randburg, PTA and works very well - no complaints.