New Chev Spark - will the CITI still sell in 2010/2011 ?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
In the March issue of CAR magazine I saw a small pic of the upcoming Chevy Spark and it looked pretty good. Plus, also in the March issue of CAR they revealed the current Spark to be the best buy for a budget car for the so-many-eth year in a row.

After checking out the images of the new Spark online I wonder in VWSA will still make that horrible piece of 70's junk called the CITI (SH1T1) in 2010/2011 when this new Spark will be sold here.

http://www.motorauthority.com/geneva-motor-show-debut-for-chevrolet-spark.html

2010_chevrolet_spark_004-0210-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_spark_001-0210-950x650.jpg

alisiaoh

Wow it looks way better than the current spark available on the market....

Isnt VWSA discontinuing the citi after 2010? I heard that somewhere.

Blaze786

Expert Member
I have a current spark :eek: its :sick: compared to the new 1! Will be trading up the moment it hits our shores!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
The two door sports model looks pretty good. Might even convince me not to buy a Corsa OPC afterall...
2007_gm_chevrolet_beat_concept_002-0917-950x650.jpg

alisiaoh

i dot know hey, im kinda an Opel die hard fan..... but i would mind having this new Spark!

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
No thanks, I'll pass.

Besides, I can't afford a new car with their fantastic sky-high prices.

P

Picard

I can already tell by the look of the interior that it is going to be very cheap plastic that will rattle after the first 1000k's.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
i dot know hey, im kinda an Opel die hard fan..... but i would mind having this new Spark!

Same here - I love my Astra eventhough it has clocked up 155 000km and just turned 8 years old :D Still gets to 191km/h without much stress.

BTW - you had an issue with coolant leakage on your car back in Jan - did you get it sorted?

Besides, I can't afford a new car with their fantastic sky-high prices.
Yeah, one would think with people buying less cars they will drop the price by slashing their insane profit margins... but noooo.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I can already tell by the look of the interior that it is going to be very cheap plastic that will rattle after the first 1000k's.

Current model Sparks cope quite well with our dirt roads and sunshine so I think this one will be even better.

You must be thinking of a CITI golf when you hear rattles.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
There is no way that this will retail for the same as the citis.

P

Picard

Current model Sparks cope quite well with our dirt roads and sunshine so I think this one will be even better.

You must be thinking of a CITI golf when you hear rattles.

Both my work's secretaries have Sparks. They rattle.

brixton tower

Expert Member
I like the look of it but something tells me this one will retail over R100k.

EDIT:

Had a closer look at the pics and those are not the final model, they're the concept from two years ago so there's no way the production model will look like that.

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
It will have to replace the current Sparks and they go from 65k up to 100k. Usually new models are about 5k to 10k more than the ones they replace.

alisiaoh

Same here - I love my Astra eventhough it has clocked up 155 000km and just turned 8 years old :D Still gets to 191km/h without much stress.

BTW - you had an issue with coolant leakage on your car back in Jan - did you get it sorted?

Yeah, one would think with people buying less cars they will drop the price by slashing their insane profit margins... but noooo.

Yes i did get it sorted. turned out it was the radiator cap's rubbers that perished and that caused the leak. cost me R45 to fix.

Thats probably why some of the car companies are closing down.... trying to be too greedy.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Good news - the new spark could be here by the end of the year :D

Nou is die Spark amptelik bekend gestel en behoort dit teen die einde van die jaar sy oulike gesiggie in Suid-Afrika te wys.

Die Spark sal beskik oor ’n 1.0 liter- of ’n 1.2 liter-enjin (49 kW en 58 kW) wat uiters ekonomies gaan wees met uitlaatgassyfers van minder as 120 g/km, sê Chevrolet.

http://www.dieburger.com/Stories/Features/Motors/19.0.1369794913.aspx