New Comms Minister Roy Padayachie costs taxpayers R2-million: Sunday Times

sox63

Executive Member
It seems strange that this news breaks now. Did the ST think it was not news worthy at the time?

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Not surprised at all. This guy is another guy who has connections with the Government, he is here to help fool us to believe it is ok for Telkom to be under control of the Government. Pathetic.

Half that money he is blowing could be used to beef up Telkom's f'd up network or at least throw those funds at some public schools that don't even have chairs for the students.

Even though this is reported, can anything be done at all? I know in most developed countries if such a thing happens, the public steps in themselves, what can we do here in SA? If anyone has suggestions, please let us know, this is getting ridiculous.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I'm so sick of this crap. We have to take a cut in lifestyle to pay taxes to fund the luxury lifestyles of these guys.

It's good to know that my entire months tax is used to fund days stay in a 5 star hotel for some government official.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
New crapper... but the same old smelly crap.

Welcome to the ANC run South Africa.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Isn't it ironic/sad how those representing the previously disenfranchised majority live in absolute luxury (wasting mega sums of money) without any shame whilst the majority they claim to represent still live in absolute poverty. Just more proof that (ANC-style) absolute power corrupts absolutely. No wonder Malema wants to nationalise banks and mines ... he wants to control the ingridients from which the cake is made to become insanely rich (the ANC already controls how the cake is divided-up but Malema wants to control the making of it also ... the ultimate goal of communism = the very few owning/controlling everything to make them ultra rich/powerful).

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Isn't it ironic/sad how those representing the previously disenfranchised majority live in absolute luxury (wasting mega sums of money) without any shame whilst the majority they claim to represent still live in absolute poverty. Just more proof that (ANC-style) absolute power corrupts absolutely. No wonder Malema wants to nationalise banks and mines ... he wants to control the ingridients from which the cake is made to become insanely rich (the ANC already controls how the cake is divided-up but Malema wants to control the making of it also ... the ultimate goal of communism = the very few owning/controlling everything to make them ultra rich/powerful).

+1

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
It is disgusting to see the corruption and stupidity in our government...

Yet, next election they will be elected again by the same blinded people...

marine1

Honorary Master
TIA oink oink, what did people think? He is an ANC member after all, thats part of the process. ;)
I doubt he will do anything for the telecoms industry either.
Soon we wont be reading about this, it will be illegal to report on it, it seems thats the only way to stop corruption, jail the people reporting it.

Strobemeister

Expert Member
What a disappointment. How disgraceful that the government actually allows this type of behavior.

pkid

Expert Member
If he regulates the sector properly and at the end of his reign my telecoms costs are 50% of what they were he can stay in any hotel he wants...time will tell though.

sunsoffun

Expert Member
no slumdog millionaire for this fat cat. Like I said before... as much as things change, as much as they stay the same. This guy farts against the wind. I have no hope in this idiot as well.

VioAdmin

Expert Member
no slumdog millionaire for this fat cat. Like I said before... as much as things change, as much as they stay the same. This guy farts against the wind. I have no hope in this idiot as well.

I co-sign this statement.