New Communications Minister: Roy Padayachie

zaidmo

He used to be the deputy communications minister under Ivy. I recall that he was quite good / knew his stuff.

MickeyD

RIP
Pop the Champers!!!!
Cheers General - now you can go back to rigging tenders elsewhere!

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Oh dear, its Rocket Roy :eek:

Roy 'talk is cheap' Padayachie, this cat made loads of great sounding statements and promises in the past with little or no action.
Just search his name here, or the telecoms colloquiums (or is that colloquiua?)

Saajid

Expert Member
Roy is probably the best minister of comms we had as yet, but time will tell. Don't get your hopes up too much, if history is anything to by.

burn

Expert Member
I truly believe that anyone but Nyanda is good. His lack of efficiency and knowledge of the sector was shocking. But more importantly his attitude to politics (i.e. tenders) and his lavish spending were damaging the country, glad he is gone.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Thank goodness! Nyanda did absolutely nothing for the industry...

keru

Appointing Roy is probably the best decision that was made. He definitely will make a difference.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Oh dear, its Rocket Roy :eek:

Roy 'talk is cheap' Padayachie, this cat made loads of great sounding statements and promises in the past with little or no action.
Just search his name here, or the telecoms colloquiums (or is that colloquiua?)

I don't think he had any authority at that stage to make a difference (poison ivy was in charge). This is hopefully a change for the good.

BobJones

Expert Member
Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic

This is a second stealth purge, how else do you explain deputy ministers being promoted, the obvious under-performers keeping their jobs and the favours for pals?

Zuma has no balls to deal with the hard problems like the mess in Mineral Resources and Home Affairs.
What skills outside will Fikile Mbalula and Paul Mashile bring besides raping the fiscus and suiping expensive whiskey?

burn

Expert Member
Mineral Resources needs all the people it can get if the mines are going to be nationalised :p

MickeyD

RIP
This is a second stealth purge, how else do you explain deputy ministers being promoted, the obvious under-performers keeping their jobs and the favours for pals?
Welllllll..... he does have plenty of friends and family!!!!

zeridine

fikile mbalula? as in julius malema's ANCYL predecessor... for sport? i predict quotas to be pushed as hard and as heavy like you've never seen before.