New Communications Minister: Roy Padayachie

Rinkhals

Thank goodness - why on Earth the ex-SANDF general was made comms minister was always a mystery to me...

For years the communications ministry has been handed to halfwits like Ivy and Nyanda as their private fiefdoms to play with as they liked.

Such a crucial component of the economy should have been placed in the control of someone of reasonable integrity and competence from the start. :roll:

bluejhb

Despite His corruption sagas... He somewhat started some shaking up in the industry.

Afrikali

I wonder if Roy is going to replace Nyanda's BMWs? I heard he prefers Merc!

icyrus

Executive Member
For years the communications ministry has been handed to halfwits like Ivy and Nyanda as their private fiefdoms to play with as they liked.

Such a crucial component of the economy should have been placed in the control of someone of reasonable integrity and competence from the start. :roll:

A common misconception. The Communications Minister is nothing more than a figurehead of ANC policy.

grok

Honorary Master
Good riddance Nyanda you will not be missed. In fact enjoy the collective boot under your self-serving under-performing capi-communist arse.

moosag

Expert Member
On the positive side... they atleast got rid of him... Instead of waiting for him to die like the previous Minister Casaburri. On the other hand its GVT we talking about her. I remember Mr Roy Pada making tons of promises in the past... Lets hope his bite is a lot stronger than his bark!

IMHO I am not holding my breath for anything. GVT Ministries move as slow as snails. So in this regard if they dont have LLU on the table than I dont really see a need for them at all... We need progress to move us forward!

grok

Honorary Master
Nyanda should have been dropped long ago .. preferably from a height of 700 meters.

Vice

Expert Member
Appointing Roy is probably the best decision that was made. He definitely will make a difference.

We thought the same about the general. And frankly Roy's track record is not good, just words and not action. Ivy was suitably qualified (academically), but she too did nothing for the industry, but instead entrenched the scum's monopoly.

He should have put Mohlala in this position. She has something to prove to Nyanda and the likes. I'm sure that she would've been the best...

jimo

Yippeee! Now can we please get on and roll-out DTT DVB-T Please please please...

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
...Ivy was suitably qualified (academically),...
:sick:

Qualified in the sense that she was a complete narcoleptic incompetent idiot and an utter waste of tax payers' money and she never paid for any of her own bills out of her own pocket, then yes Poison Ivy was academic excellency personified.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Implement LLU and do it quickly
Roll out DTT with the standard already gazetted and do it quickly
Make Sentec use their spectrum or make them give it back....oh and do it quickly
Make Ik@ka issue the Digital dividend and do it quickly.

oh.....did I mention you must do it quickly??? :)

Once all those things are done and dusted....then I will say he is good. Until then he is just another potential ANC little show piece full of empty promises and deep pockets for a lekker fat salary.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Sentech should not be allowed to keep any spectrum - even if it intends to use it - Sentech will just waste tax payers' money and nothing good will come of it. Learn from the mistakes of the past - especially Sentech's past and unforgivable mistakes.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I want 50Gbps fibre to my house at R100/month for uncapped. It's not a lot to ask for :D.