New contracts - Who would you choose?

ozosborne

I need to get 4 new contracts for my business. One for me (unlimited type package) One for a staff member (entry level is fine) and two wi fi packages. Something like a 5 gig and a 20 gig.

Telkoms pricing seems best. BUT, the amount of negative reviews you find online is shocking. Even phoning a branch seems impossible as it goes straight to call centre. I sent an online call back request, never got a call back. Last thing I want is to sign into a 2 year contract and struggle for the whole period. I just did that with Glocell and it was torture with endless issues.

MTN's pricing is quite a bit higher, but I see they are voted fastest network?

Please throw in your 2 cents.

Nithan15

Expert Member
I have been with Telkom Mobile for about 4 years now and never once did I have any issues with them.
Signal strength is okay but it roams on MTN so I can safely say never had any issues with connectivity or downtime.

ozosborne

I have been with Telkom Mobile for about 4 years now and never once did I have any issues with them.
Signal strength is okay but it roams on MTN so I can safely say never had any issues with connectivity or downtime.
Thank you for the comment. I must say their pricing has me quite strongly leaning that way as mentioned.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Negative reviews from other people should mean nothing to you unless you really really really think it's best to make a decision based on someone else's experience. Acceptable in some cases.
With that said, Telkom :D has better value for money these days.

Jaws677

Happy Telkom Freeme customer here.

R600 pm for Telkom Freeme 20 is really good value. Even with heavy calling and data usage I have never managed to even get close to my limits.

ozosborne

Thanks guys. Im taking the plunge and dropping off all relevant documents with our local Telkom branch today.