New credit card worked in one store wouldn't work at supermarket. Whose problem is this?

competentblob

Mine? ffs. I can't deal with these banks any more. The new card (as in went straight from receiving at branch to store) worked at dischem fine, but tried a couple of machines at woolworths and they all briefly flashed Processing before returning to default screen (didn't get to PIN). Tapping didn't work, says insert. (My capitec card works at woolworths but refuses to be read by PnP devices. are cards just garbage quality these days?)
I'm not sure in which direction my **** should be lost (although I'm pretty sure it's bank), help

saor

Honorary Master
Well if your card isn't working it's your problem, ie. you have a card you can't use. Not really sure what you're asking? I generally put a new card into an ATM and withdraw a minimum amount to make sure it's activated.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
If it's an FNB card, you gotta go onto the app and activate the card. It says so in the letter than comes with the card. If you didn't read your letter, then ... well ...

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Unfortunately it's up to you to make payment work. And short of legal tender i.e. cash you can't really force them to take it.

I just carry loads of cards cause there are just too many edge cases & use of more fuzzy AI driven fraud detection hasn't helped. Also don't want to be caught offguard when one of the payment networks take a dive (e.g. Visa outage).

^ Love this guy, posts on every thread this here

i) Capitec
ii) Android
iii) Can't remember the rest as I am pretty ****ed now on beers :laugh:
Well he is consistent at least

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
If it's an FNB card, you gotta go onto the app and activate the card. It says so in the letter than comes with the card. If you didn't read your letter, then ... well ...
Yup, and also for security reasons you gotta go find an ATM and put your card in and punch in your pin and then you can eject it

I wish people would RTFM (Read The ****ing Manual) :laugh:

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
Don't do a kornhole and cancel your card and then wonder why its not working at the shop later .

#TrueLifeofKorn

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
Mine? ffs. I can't deal with these banks any more. The new card (as in went straight from receiving at branch to store) worked at dischem fine, but tried a couple of machines at woolworths and they all briefly flashed Processing before returning to default screen (didn't get to PIN). Tapping didn't work, says insert. (My capitec card works at woolworths but refuses to be read by PnP devices. are cards just garbage quality these days?)
I'm not sure in which direction my **** should be lost (although I'm pretty sure it's bank) help
Only the bank can