New Dark Mode features coming to WhatsApp

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
New Dark Mode features coming to WhatsApp

WhatsApp’s dark mode could feature a range of colour scheme options, according to a report by WABetaInfo.

The features are contained in the most recent update of the Android beta version of the app – 2.20.31 – available through the Google Play Beta Programme.

WhatsApp enabled the Dark Theme in the 2.20.13 beta and has been tweaking the option in subsequent updates.

ronz91

Expert Member
ah thank god! At last, my eyes thank you (until I get everyone over to Telegram).

been waiting like 2 years since its been touted. honestly feel like getting off whatsapp just coz this has taken so unacceptably long

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Telegram had a dark mode PLUS custom themes two weeks shy of 3 years ago. They are already on Theme Editor 2.0

gamer16

Honorary Master
Nee kyk julle vat ons nou vir n gat hoor.

THis is the second article about the same thing that's "coming"

Do what you want on your website I suppose.

mrlgm007

i had this since last year is my account got the Beta tester mode or something same when calls came out lol.

upup

Executive Member
When I startup my Un beta whats app and it tells me it is powered by Facebook, I start to worry.

I am sure when Mark thinks he is wondering how he can get us to pay for whats app.

cyb3rt

Nee kyk julle vat ons nou vir n gat hoor.

THis is the second article about the same thing that's "coming"

Do what you want on your website I suppose.
It was actually added now at least but only if you a beta tester. Looks good, I like it!