New DStv channel launching

R13...

Honorary Master
Probably because they are part of most bouquets.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the production quality is any good...
No. It's simply because most people prefer local content. Production quality doesn't seem to bother the people who staple on them. It is probably an identify with thing.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Last year I opened up my decoder to replace the hard drive. I then saw the fscker is soldered shut so I pried it open to get the drive out. Well, lets just say I couldn't get it to close properly so I binned it. The only thing I miss is the sport, but since a friend of mine offered me his DSTV login details, I'm sorted

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
No. It's simply because most people prefer local content. Production quality doesn't seem to bother the people who staple on them. It is probably an identify with thing.
Nah I'm not judging.

But popularity has no bearing on quality. It's the same reason why (no longer) great channels like Discovery, Nat Geo and History have moved away from quality documentaries towards reality tv. Because that's what the world's future brain donors seem to enjoy...

Sumen

Expert Member
Why can't we select the channels we subscribe to?
This is according to DSTV, it will cost more than bundling the channels in a bouquet.

I think if that's really the case then why don't they let us at least pick categories, like movies, sports and so on.

Sl8er

Executive Member
"New DStv channel launching...so you can increase the size of your 'ignore list' "

:whistling:

Creag

The Boar's Rock
So they canned a quality channel like Animal Planet for this cr@p? :wtf:

Utterly Confused

So they canned a quality channel like Animal Planet for this cr@p? :wtf:

You beat me to it. Big announcement when DSTV introduces a new channel, but nothing said when they discontinue a quality channel like Animal Planet. :mad: