New DStv Explora Ultra launched

Sepeng

Expert Member
I mean I'd be keen - I like the idea of one remote to access the vast majority of what we consume at home - but that is costly.
Let's see, if I can use ebucks or something to get it I might consider it.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Looks a great piece of kit but happy with all my streaming services (50 meg line) on Xiaomi s box - just waiting for the streaming-only service from Dstv to be launched - then I will be be in geek heaven :cool:

You will have to buy their box for that so it seems. :(

Apogee

Expert Member
Why is it so expensive for a device that is assembled locally, or is that no longer the case?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
New DStv Explora Ultra launched

MultiChoice has officially launched its new Explora Ultra, which includes built-in access to Netflix.

The new Explora Ultra will be available at selected retail stores from next week.
Enter the church of dstv and their devout charismatic followers.

Praise the new explora!
Let us prostrate ourselves so that we can give thanks.

Peace be up on the new explora!
For there is none like it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why is it so expensive for a device that is assembled locally, or is that no longer the case?
Why do you think that would make it less expensive?

Looks a great piece of kit but happy with all my streaming services (50 meg line) on Xiaomi s box - just waiting for the streaming-only service from Dstv to be launched - then I will be be in geek heaven :cool:
Why not just subscribe to DSTV's satellite service and just use the streaming aspect of it? The price is the same.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Why not?

Even the old ones can stream, and this one includes integrated Wi-Fi.

Because they not likely to put the required app on it, and they have a Skyworth built streaming box in the pipeline, if that falls thru, they might put their app on the decoder box instead.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
One should only buy this if they dont have fast Wi-Fi via fibre, if they do then they should rather get a Android TV Box.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Google Certified

There box, is built as a STB along the lines and same platform as Sky TV's box in the UK, not a bog standard Android TV box.

So Google Certified - so what - that is the current requirement, when their box comes out, it will be a closed environment/platform.

Digitaluser

There box, is built as a STB along the lines and same platform as Sky TV's box in the UK, not a bog standard Android TV box.

So Google Certified - so what - that is the current requirement, when their box comes out, it will be a closed environment/platform.
I am trying to be positive and enjoy this day of streaming-only option - I remember 1974 when SA had no TV only Springbok Radio