New fibre ISP GigaGo in South Africa – Uncapped packages and pricing

EADC

Executive Member
So let me get this straight Metrofibre now has 2 of their own ISP's running on their network?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Their website says the 100Mbps accounts are unshaped and unthrottled.

It's not for me, as Cool Ideas are awesome already. But the more competition the better.

ekske1

Executive Member
1538491089920.png

So 4mbs fiber is kak, but 20mbps and upwards is lagless for gaming. okay.

adnaanhitman

This is the worst fibre ISP I've never heard of! And never will again. Isn't the whole point of Fibre that there is no need for throttling? Much more bandwidth than DSL.
If I had to choose GigaGo Fibre or my current copper ADSL, I would choose my current ADSL. Even they don't throttle.

isie

Honorary Master
This is what's confusing Metrofibre does not have FUP.
exactly
if they like charged about 1/2 of what they charging maybe can understand having a FUP - in this case it's more then most of the other ISP and they uncapped

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
These are supposed to be competitive prices & packages??? Perhaps GigaGo should try using a different drug dealer instead. The stuff they are currently on isn't doing their grey matter any favours.

Last edited:

Eat my shorts

1TB on a 50meg line "uncapped" ?
I left my torrent on for 2 days and clocked in on 145gig a day on average, that's over 4TB in 30days, if I was greedy

isie

Honorary Master
lol its like they created an ISP so shitty and expensive so all other ISP look better

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Completed their contact form over the weekend. Still waiting for a response. Maybe they are doing so good that cant keep up with contact form requests.