New FNB.co.za July 2013

Subways81

Holy crap! Some one at FNB obviously hasn't heard the saying "If it ain't broke, don't f'ing fix it!!!"

Where the hell did Instant Accounting go?
Why the farcry cant I click on any of my accounts?
Why the hell is the font so BIG that my neighbours can see my account balances?

I think I need a holiday away from my PC...

Subways81

Why on earth would the let this rubbish go live, half the fooking site doesnt work!!!!!

Shiraz

Expert Member
Busy should have been before going live.... You have ample time in the test environment to sort out your crap

chopsky

Expert Member
Looks good to me. Bare in mind it's only officially supposed to be launched July 18th.

Subways81

Looks good to me. Bare in mind it's only officially supposed to be launched July 18th.

So what is it doing up on the 14th? You cant tell me they expect everyone to just sit tight for 4 days?

Basic QA fail

___

What an absolute piece of the new site is.

Only online place where I could top up my TopTV and now that's gone.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
What an absolute piece of the new site is.

Only online place where I could top up my TopTV and now that's gone.

It was there earlier, along with a bunch of stuff like Lotto that is now also missing. I think they're still working on it.

server-admins.net

Server-Admins representative
Company Rep
Definitely not good at all.

The home page has zero flow.
Clicking one or two accounts now brings up

Some errors have occurred...
(E-260) Account(s) Not Found

I see how the design would benefit those on tablets, but for every day joe soaps that work on a laptop / desktop this isnt a great design.

ViperGTI

I'm actually good with the new design. Granted, they need to sort out a couple of bugs first but if they can make one or two adjustments, that would be great... Actually just the headings for categories should have a different / darker background colour. The white background doesn't draw enough attention.

I run a big screen so everything fits on my side and the big fonts do make it nice, but perhaps they can build some kind of customisable option in to make the font smaller for those who want. I suspect the bigger reason for everything taking up so much space is because the account name and number are now underneath each other instead of side-by-side.

Other than that, it is quick and easy to use. It also seems that the bug about "Account not found" when clicking on account settings has been fixed.

flarkit

Executive Member
I'm actually good with the new design. Granted, they need to sort out a couple of bugs first but if they can make one or two adjustments, that would be great... Actually just the headings for categories should have a different / darker background colour. The white background doesn't draw enough attention.

I run a big screen so everything fits on my side and the big fonts do make it nice, but perhaps they can build some kind of customisable option in to make the font smaller for those who want. I suspect the bigger reason for everything taking up so much space is because the account name and number are now underneath each other instead of side-by-side.

Other than that, it is quick and easy to use. It also seems that the bug about "Account not found" when clicking on account settings has been fixed.

First thing I looked for was a user setting to reduce the fonts :D

Site seems to be working mostly, although I also experienced the "account not found" error. I had to select the account again before it worked.

server-admins.net

Server-Admins representative
Company Rep
First thing I looked for was a user setting to reduce the fonts :D

Site seems to be working mostly, although I also experienced the "account not found" error. I had to select the account again before it worked.
Tried to find the same feature :)

Site appears to be working now and we have access to accounts, phew....

Suppose we were all used to the old interface and us being humans, we hate change.....

Uli

Expert Member
Worst website ever! I suppose it was the only way they could get it to work on Mac?

Subways81

Seems like most functions are up. I really preferred the old version though. I had no doubt what I was doing there. I have just tried to add a new account to Verified by Visa, after clicking finish twice with the same error coming up stating "Incomplete, enter cell phone number" I took a guess and clicked on SMS which allowed me to enter a cell number. This was just after receiving an SMS from FNB with a one time pin for setting up the Verified by Visa service... :confused:

Forced change sucks!!

Cool E

Expert Member
seems like it was developed by interns. Damm its ugly and not user friendly.

Why this do fnb decide to design it like a .... ( sorry have to speak to traffic cop now, will complete later)

Jimmeh

Agg man its not too bad. We'll be used to it in no time :D

I'm guessing none of you spent time on ABSA internet banking. :sick:

Subways81

Great, just freaking great, Instant Accounting has had the same make over as the FNB.co.za site. It actually hurts my eyes trying to assign transactions.