New govt plan wants South Africans to pay 12% of their earnings into state-managed fund

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Oh no...when you post something and Snopes discounts it as allegorical. :)

Snopes says it's impossible to prove, not that it didn't happen. Not sure if you tried to score points here or something, but that's an F- on the charts for you.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member

Gyre

Expert Member
This is like arguing if a apple fell on newton's head.

Whether it happened or not changes nothing about gravity.

That is true, but doesn't change the fact that the story/lesson/analogy isn't based on factual history, so treating it as such or holding it to a standard that doesn't exist is futile.

surface

Honorary Master
Easily summarized as: No evidence.
Looking at that poster's history, it is basically circle jerking back to 'Prove me conclusively that Allah doesn't exist'. OH - you can't? Then LOL - what a spectacular failure your science is.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Easily summarized as: No evidence.
Exactly, no evidence against either. The message doesn't change, either way, so God knows why he posted that.
I can only assume he tried to get a dig in after we made fun of him for being poor.

It was obviously said in jest and I thought poor people generally have good humour :p

KikzAzz

Oh F@ck, we have stolen all the SOE bankrupt and there is nothing left to steal. VBS didn't last long. Let's create another income stream that we can still from to out hearts content.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Okay so let me get this straight, I now need to pay 12% extra tax, even tho at the moment I am living paycheck to paycheck and can't even put money aside for savings, let alone that fact that just to survive I had to cancel my medical aid, cancel my retirement fund, cancel all luxuries .... F-off!

Kawak

One more reason to leave SA, that's all, this gov can go f themselves, create jobs ffs, that's the way but of course not, there is no gravy in that.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Okay so let me get this straight, I now need to pay 12% extra tax, even tho at the moment I am living paycheck to paycheck and can't even put money aside for savings, let alone that fact that just to survive I had to cancel my medical aid, cancel my retirement fund, cancel all luxuries .... F-off!

Viva ANC

Zukat

Expert Member
Big tax hike to fund universal basic income in South Africa — and a mandatory pension system

The Department of Social Development is proposing a minimum 10-percentage point increase in income taxes and mandatory contributions to a government-run pension fund.

Financial Mail money editor Giulietta Talevi has warned that messing with people’s pensions is a good way to start a middle-class revolution in South Africa.

/Before the tax revolt threats, then someone starting a petition, followed by pre-1994 and post-1994 statistics comparison on facebook... Let's just get real, no one will do anything about it, let's just suck it in like the good civilians we are and carry on. Bring this and NHI already, enough with the public consultations stories.