New Head/Ear phones.

Fluffyyyzzz

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market of buying new head/ear phone. I recently bought the JBL Reflect Mini 2 from JBL but I returned them because the sound was not good. I listen to music all day and need a new set. My budget is R1500. I see the JBL E500bt and the JBL E55bt and they seem quite good. I know my budget isn't a lot for ear/head phones but I still want something that will last and that will have a good response in all frequency ranges. I would prefer in ears because I don't want to be sitting at work the whole day with huge cups on.

If you have any suggestions please let me know of any brand you think is worthy.

Thank you in advance.

SDM

The JBL E55BT is not the most robust design and does not wear well. The earpads are glued in place and tear if not handled delicately. My daughter destroyed a set in well under a year by using them every day. The sound is sculpted though they sound ok for the price.

The Sennheiser HD4.40's she replaced them with are lasting better and can be found for around R1800 if you keep a look out for specials. I also have a set and prefer the sound to the E55BT. The ear cups are smaller than the JBLs,, so can be a bit uncomfortable if your ears are on the larger side.

Fluffyyyzzz

The JBL E55BT is not the most robust design and does not wear well. The earpads are glued in place and tear if not handled delicately. My daughter destroyed a set in well under a year by using them every day. The sound is sculpted though they sound ok for the price.

The Sennheiser HD4.40's she replaced them with are lasting better and can be found for around R1800 if you keep a look out for specials. I also have a set and prefer the sound to the E55BT. The ear cups are smaller than the JBLs,, so can be a bit uncomfortable if your ears are on the larger side.

Yeah I have never really been a fan of JBL's the reviews didn't look bad except that they break after a couple of months. Thank you for the advice ill keep an eye out for those Sennheisers.

Messugga

Honorary Master
I've looked it up but it there a model of sorts that you suggest. Are they those red ones?
Yep, they're red. I was given a pair as a present and they're superb. I have a few other pairs from the likes of Klipsch and similar, which aren't bad, but the Sennheisers blow them away.

Fluffyyyzzz

Yep, they're red. I was given a pair as a present and they're superb. I have a few other pairs from the likes of Klipsch and similar, which aren't bad, but the Sennheisers blow them away.

Yeah I will take a look at them. And they come with a case?