New Home Affairs – I hope you are here to stay

DXL

Expert Member
Nothing has changed in the Home affairs offices. they have gone worse in Durban.

Online application and fingerprints at the Banks are fine.

People que up from 3am and are not gauranteed of success.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah, this is not the new HA... this is shyte that has been in the roll out phase for nearly 2 years (I think) and is still so limited as to be entirely pointless.
The normal HA offices are still a complete abortion, I have been to my nearest one 3 times in the last month and every time just left when I arrived because the queue was so long that it would have been impossible for me to actually get inside.

I am now going to have to go to a satellite HA office that doesn't do the smart cards, just so that I can get an ID Book to vote.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Article has a flaw. People over 60 don't have to pay.

I registered my mom (65) last week Monday. Did have to choose which bank branch but nothing about an account nr. That bank had no slots. The only branch that had available slots was that Centurion Standard Bank, I was able to book there, even though she is not a Standard Bank customer. So if you are due a free ID, you can use any supported bank branch.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Please please out source the licensing department
I just can’t

Useless inept government
Huh? We booked and went and came out within 30 min. Waltloo nogal. Now the wait for the license card to be ready.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
This was the finding when I applied for and received my ID card through the Home Affairs office in Standard Bank Centurion branch.
Maybe try doing it through an actual HA office, rather than a bank, and report back...

Reactions: DXL

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Maybe try doing it through an actual HA office, rather than a bank, and report back...
No real need to...

His phoning of the Prospecton branch is an indication that he would STILL be waiting to get in for his first appointment.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I’ll try give me tips
You register here, https://online.natis.gov.za/#/, book your time wherever you find a slot, print the paper, go there an hour before the time, do the things, pay with your card (they don't take cash at the moment), apply for temp if you want (need to take one 1 photo with for that), and off you go.

Optometrist report taken with, did that at Torga for R20. Did the photos at Postnet for R50.

Mila

Honorary Master
You register here, https://online.natis.gov.za/#/, book your time wherever you find a slot, print the paper, go there an hour before the time, do the things, pay with your card (they don't take cash at the moment), apply for temp if you want (need to take one 1 photo with for that), and off you go.

Optometrist report taken with, did that at Torga for R20. Did the photos at Postnet for R50.
I was told the online registration was canceled. H
Thank you!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I was told the online registration was canceled. H
Thank you!
The old method was canceled, which was done by a private company in Pretoria only. The whole of Gauteng is covered by the Natis site if I remember correctly.

Mila

Honorary Master
The old method was canceled, which was done by a private company in Pretoria only. The whole of Gauteng is covered by the Natis site if I remember correctly.
Thank you so much. My appointment has been made.
I have been dreading this for a month now. :)

shabbarkhan786

OP talking about a home affairs or licensing dep?

cupcake

Expert Member
New Home Affairs – I hope you are here to stay

Home Affairs’ online booking platform is easy to use and the process of getting a smart ID card is pleasant.

This was the finding when I applied for and received my ID card through the Home Affairs office in Standard Bank Centurion branch.
I would only call it pleasant if they were handing out coffee, biscuits and pedicures, but I am spoilt :laugh:

I get it your being optimistic and in this case pleasant is not having to sit on a dirty bench crammed between stinky people eating pilchards and picking their brains through their nose so I am with you let's hope it stays this way. :giggle:

mr_norris

Expert Member
What, 4 years down the line now? And still these articles about how great it is in the handful of bank branches that can actually do this sort of thing.

Antelope

News articles for many months have been confirming id/passport applications in banks in kzn. But nothing is happening

It is not possible to get a passport or id without spending a few days From about 3am till 3pm, and then to, you are not guaranteed to get a chance to enter the home affairs building.

Reactions: DXL