New Home Affairs – I hope you are here to stay

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Yeah, this is not the new HA... this is shyte that has been in the roll out phase for nearly 2 years (I think) and is still so limited as to be entirely pointless.
The normal HA offices are still a complete abortion, I have been to my nearest one 3 times in the last month and every time just left when I arrived because the queue was so long that it would have been impossible for me to actually get inside.

I am now going to have to go to a satellite HA office that doesn't do the smart cards, just so that I can get an ID Book to vote.
Nice. Go ahead and vote. Your vote will be irrelevant and even if it's not, we all know who will stay in power anyway... Besides there isn't a single, solitary, decent viable opposition to them, they're all tarred with the same brush. Six of one, half dozen of the other. That said, I'll still be voting, but it makes no nevermind to me. The day that I'm outta this sh1thole can't come quick enough.

spectrum.1

I live in Cape Town and do not bank with standard (will not even open an account there [long story])
When will I be able to get my card?

Mila

Honorary Master
You register here, https://online.natis.gov.za/#/, book your time wherever you find a slot, print the paper, go there an hour before the time, do the things, pay with your card (they don't take cash at the moment), apply for temp if you want (need to take one 1 photo with for that), and off you go.

Optometrist report taken with, did that at Torga for R20. Did the photos at Postnet for R50.
4 hours. People had to leave and comeback because the speedpoints were not working.
My time slot was 11:55. Everyone after me was tested but could not pay.

Skip Waltloo

supersunbird

Honorary Master
4 hours. People had to leave and comeback because the speedpoints were not working.
My time slot was 11:55. Everyone after me was tested but could not pay.

Skip Waltloo
I arrived at Waltloo about 45 min early and was back home before my booked time...

spectrum.1

Speedpoint down (or becomes a slowpoint).
This is rubbish. More cr*p from ANY branch of government.
If they cannot do the job. then fire them, & get someone who can -including the minister who's watch it is (a difficult complicated concept to master).

Last edited:

Kelerei

If you think going into a Home Affairs branch is bad, try getting that sort of thing done from outside the country. It seems to average around 9 months to get a passport renewal done offshore regardless of which foreign mission one goes to, where it takes 2 weeks onshore (even with Home Affairs queuing). The foreign missions can't process these applications directly: they can only accept ye olde paper applications and then can only forward them on to Pretoria... and therein lies the problems.

Jola

Honorary Master
I have been trying to get a correct Death Certificate for more than two months, for a deceased relative. Everything to do with the estate is on hold until we get this.

DHA are a truly incompetent bunch.

spectrum.1

I renewed my passport at the SA embassy in the 1980's in Rio (as I was on a yacht and passing through).
Took me 1 hour on day 1 and 5 minutes (to collect it) the next day.
THAT is the service we expect!

Mila

Honorary Master
I arrived at Waltloo about 45 min early and was back home before my booked time...
I was there at 10:15. They were running an hour behind when I sat down.

Of course we had this gentleman on his phone the whole way through all the eye exams. I think a blind person passed the eyetest with flying colours yesterday

Attachments

Mila

Honorary Master
Listen I understand that this is a tedious experience in every country. But 4 hours, when I take my own eyetest ans photos is pushing it.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Well, I'm waiting now 2 months for my kids' unabridged birth certificates to get fixed since they originally misprinted my place of birth, which has delayed my family's emigration with me. So.. not so sure how 'new' Home Affairs really is.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well, I'm waiting now 2 months for my kids' unabridged birth certificates to get fixed since they originally misprinted my place of birth, which has delayed my family's emigration with me. So.. not so sure how 'new' Home Affairs really is.
And this is probably the idea. Become so incompetent that people can't leave any more.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Maybe because you are conjuring up non existent URLs from the evil portals of Gozer... here it is for you, as also seen in the articles: https://ehome.dha.gov.za/ehomeaffairs

Do you also go to www.maps.google.com or www.onlinebanking.standardbank.co.za?
I clicked through from their homepage mate.

Click on the Smart ID application buttons and you’ll find the same.

It’s what I was pointing out.

Also following your link just points to all the more fail...

genetic

Honorary Master
Just did my smart ID card from them. Applied online, did the biometrics at Standard Bank and collected my card on Tuesday. Was a pleasure dealing with home affairs this time.

Swa

Honorary Master

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I don't get it. It's the same url. So it can't redirect from www? Basic configuration fail.
Oh and the irony: "Please note that this website is currently under routine maintenance"
I know it's giving that message. Well, seems google is a fail too then www.maps.google.com. Oh wait, maybe because is not a redirect issue.