New HTC 10 flagship smartphone – sculpted to perfection

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Bigger battery or fewer pixels on the display would be nice. I do like the feature to force games to run 1080p but in reality, that wouldn't save me any battery (don't game on my phone).

Doesn't differentiate itself much from anything else out there...solid phone but the pricing is probably going to let it down.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Doesn't differentiate itself much from anything else out there.
OIS in the front and back camera, built-in high quality DAC, HTC Sense, sound that's an improvement on previous BoomSound speakers that came with the M8 / M9, beautiful design.

That's a few things that differentiate it from others that I could think of.

I am a touch biased, cause I have an M8. I wasn't blown away with the M9. But I am really impressed with the 10. If I were buying a new high end phone, I'd go with it without a doubt.

genetic

Honorary Master
This phone looks incredible. Always been a HTC fan since my last HTC device, but they have lost the plot recently. Seems they have got it back. :)

I want this phone!

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Cool, different strokes for different folks :)

Personally, nothing I see in the HTC 10 is a compelling argument to drop the Rand equivalent of $700. For example, the Xiaomi Mi5 offers rear camera OIS (the important camera!), same storage size options, same battery capacity, much more sensible 1080p screen, same chipset - all for ~$250 less). The improved audio is not something I would take advantage of and design is subjective - I don't see anything qualitatively different between the various glass-metal slabs we're shown nowadays.

I'm not a brand-fan though I get people have allegiances \ loyalties.

genetic

Honorary Master
Does anyone know if any of the 4 big carriers will bring this device to SA?

freddster

Expert Member
This phone looks incredible. Always been a HTC fan since my last HTC device, but they have lost the plot recently. Seems they have got it back. :)

I want this phone!
I had a HTC (Touch I think), a few years ago, 2008/9. Never again...

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Based on HTC's (recent) presence here in SA I would not hold my breath...much....

Lupus

Honorary Master
I had a HTC (Touch I think), a few years ago, 2008/9. Never again...
You're basing this decision on 7/8 year old tech? I had a Sony X10 that was slow and clunky around 2009, but I still got later ones.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Or get a OnePlus 3 or a Xiaomi Mi5...or get both and still have money left compared to what this handset will cost.

Speedster

Executive Member
Or get a OnePlus 3 or a Xiaomi Mi5...or get both and still have money left compared to what this handset will cost.
Nah, got a guy who wants to do me a favour who decided he'd buy me an HTC 10 (he know's I'm a big HTC fan). I just need to order it and he'll pick up the bill. He had a bad experience with Orange in the past so he doesn't want to go that route, so now I'm waiting patiently for HTC to [-]get their arse into gear[/-] launch the 10 locally.

Last edited: